Stator Interest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabone

Reaction score
Do you still have that reoccurring thought of what it would be like, if only you could have more juice? Having that little extra, for lights or whatever. To have more wattage, without paying the price. Having to monitor everything, turning this off, so you can turn this on. Or perhaps having to spend $600 for HID lights, just to save some juice. Enough already.

I’ve waited a long time for more juice, without the huge price and the time has finally come. The testing is finished and production has begun.

“Yamaha claims 490W. Real output: 400W @ 2500rpm stock. The NEW ESG130 output: 510W @ 2500rpm.

Stock fuel injection/ignition/intermittent fan/lights/etc ends up being 250-300W. ESG130 therefore allows for 200W of excess power on the bike, compared to about 100W in stock configuration.”

I don’t know about you, but I want one. I’ve been asked if there might be an interest in doing a group buy. Yes I know another group buy. However I look at it like this. Yamaha fell a little short when it comes to having enough juice and this will only make a great bike, better. As always, the more that sign up, the more we all save. It’s a win-win!

I’m in the beginning stage of setting up a group buy, collecting only the names of people, who are serious about getting the New ESG130. Now is your opportunity to get onboard for the first shipment of the New ESG130 stators, at a really killer price.

So here’s the break down:

Web price…. $179 plus $15 shipping

25 buyers…. $155

50 buyers…. $116.35

Shipping cost are still being worked out, as to keep cost down for everyone. The kit will be a simple plug and play. It will come with instructions for swapping out the stator and how to reuse the gray plastic connector. You’ll need to purchase a new cover gasket, but that’s all.

Send an email to >> rconn at actionnet dot net << with “ESG130 Stator” in the subject line. Right now, we’re looking at 30-40 days out. Once I know when they will be in house or close, I will post an update for the cutoff.

Feel free to pass the word, since I don’t have time to go around to all the forums. The more that signs up, the better the price for everyone.

Thanks for your interest and participation.

Not sure who rides around at 2500 rpm. Would like to see the other numbers on the stator. Max output and at what RPM. Are there any longevity numbers on the product? What are their warranty policies? etc.

Also unsure how a 20 watt increase (at 2500 rpm) accounts for the claimed 100 watt increases in available wattage to the bike between the OEM and this stator.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the output of both the OEM and AM stators at

4000 rpm?

4500 rpm?

5000 rpm?

5500 rpm?

You know, where you REALLY need it...

Right now, all we know is you have a stator that's rated for 510 watts and OEM is rated for 490...a 20 watt gain.

Don't be discouraged--we'd all LOVE to have a proper level of excess wattage!

Did you guys read all of the post?

“Yamaha claims 490W. Real output: 400W @ 2500rpm stock. The NEW ESG130 output: 510W @ 2500rpm.

Hence the claim. Can't recall reading of anyone actually pulling hard figures off the oe, only how much equip can be in operation before volts start dropping, so if you go by their stats, the gain is impressive. But does the increase at 2500 r's translate to a corresponding boost in output at 4500, a more realistic cruising rpm?

Excuse us for being a bit skeptical. It is somewhat hard to buy in, based on the assumption that Yamaha can't (or won't) even pump up the output. Maybe you could comp one to an unbiased source (Warchild or his designee) for some real world testing. Assuming he's willing to do it and results are as advertised, we could then feel confident on a group buy, and I'd bet 50 customers would be a probability. Barring that or a quantified performance money-back guarantee, I'd tend to stay skeptically on the sidelines for a while.

Who tested it? An actual FJR owner on this board with more than a hundred posts? Before I consider participating in a Group Buy--I expect a test and confirmation from a bonafide voice here.

Because I'm smelling some marketing hype here and concerned.

Let me break down the most obvious claim.

1. Peak Generation vs. At An RPM

From my understanding of alternator windings this company can pretty easily change the peak RPM point that watts are made. I believe thicker wire moves it down the RPM band. Mind you, no generating capacity is increased or decreased--just moved in where it's made.

2. Increasing Capactiy

The only way I know how to INCREASE capacity is through more windings, stronger magnets, or increasing efficiency through better wiring material.

Since they clearly aren't changing magnets, and I don't think they can squeeze any more windings into the space, I'm betting they're using some better wire.

Maybe that's where the claimed 20 watts comes in. It would be great if they're getting 510 watts peak vs. OEM peak of 490 watts (I bet he won't say OEM peak isn't 490).

A 4% increase for less than a couple hundred bucks is good, but I would want to see it truly tested and reported on here first. You know, before, after, pictures, Datel shots, etc.

3. No claims on their website

Is it me or does it seem strange that they make none of these claims on their website here?

Watching inquisitively.

While I agree that I'd like to see some real world results here (as Ignacio stated), I'd like to offer a bit of insight into Fabone...

Fabone was quite helpful to me a few months ago when I ran into a problem w/ my Spiegler stainless lines.

Clicky here

Heck, they're down in Oceanside. One of you OC or SD guys could run over... I would think Rogue would be all over this like ugly on a Rogue. :dntknw:

Sounds interesting if the claims are true and it's a useable upgrade, but I'd sure like to hear WC's take on it after testing it in the real world -- in his own extreme way.

<shrug>

Somebody send me one, I gaurantee you I'll put it through the paces and report the real-world results.

It’s actually true, the world is 98% negative and paranoid. I knew when I hit the submit button I could expect some comments regarding the post, however some here are really over the top.

I should have learned my lesson from the Spiegler lines, but I saw something of interest that I myself wanted, that came available and I thought others might also. I really don’t have the time myself for rebuttal on every question.

It’s funny how some only read want they want by picking and choosing. So I’ll try to touch on a few stickers. I’m not an electrical engineer, only a messenger here.

People get stuck on the Yamaha 490W claim vs. the 510W and the 2500rpm number, thinking of a 20W difference.

First off, the stock stator is under rated and never reaches 490. At 2500 it’s @ 390W and at 3600 @ 403W and straight lines from there.

With the ESG130 at 2500 it's @ 470W, 3600 @510W and 6000@ 520W. Basically the stock stator is pretty much done @ 2500 and only goes to 403W @3600. With the stock stator, it’s just not there. No stock stators produce what they claim. They’re all over rated.

Real world testing. On the bike and being testing daily. This comes from testing many configurations that will not fry the harness and other components like the R1. 550W is too much and 520W is all the harness and componets can withstand without damage. To go beyond 520W would require a new harness and other componets to handle it all.

An actual FJR owner on this board with more than a hundred posts?
By who you ask? Not your post whore, for sure. FJR owner and respected business owner in the community. This was his pet project.

1 year

Because I'm smelling some marketing hype here and concerned.
I consider that a complement, since I taking a writing course, thanks, :p

Whether you believe or not, matters not to me. I know what I need and want. I didn’t want to post a phone number so the man would be bombarded by 1300 phone calls. I offered to be a go between to help everyone out here.

However, he understands dealing with the skeptics and said he would answer calls if needed, however doesn’t want to be tied down all day. Keep in mind they are NOT available YET, since they just started casting production. There was a cry for more juice and now it's here.

So if you must ask >>>

Ritzo Muntinga

ElectroSport Industries

Electrex USA Ltd.

615 S Tremont St

Oceanside, CA 92054

PH: +1 (760) 433-0184

FX: +1 (760) 433-1052

Web: www.electrosport.com

Email: [email protected]

There's no info on the web site except an FJR listing. The web master jumped the gun. If you want an output graph, contact me. :cigar:

Well, thats a little more than the first teaser, be sure.

And as far as the rest, I have a Stator/Rotor combo for $39.95 that the State of Mississippi uses on death row inmates. Doesn't mean it's true. ;) Lighten up, we post whores tend to be broke as spring farkle season draws nigh.

It’s actually true, the world is 98% negative and paranoid. ...
People get stuck on the Yamaha 490W claim vs. the 510W and the 2500rpm number, thinking of a 20W difference....

Real world testing. On the bike and being testing daily. This comes from testing many configurations that will not fry the harness and other components like the R1. ...etc.
Did I come across as negative and paranoid? Wow. I meant to come across as skeptical.

I do thank you for the additional details. My skepticism shifted significantly with all the details. I know finding that balance between generating interest, letting people in on a scoop, while in the face of incomplete details is a tough one.

I will then wait patiently for test results. Having them before doing an actual Group Buy is a very positive development though. Thank you.

And, at the risk of now being filed away as a negative force--I would offer to help if needed. Datel here with a variety of switched farkles including HID's and Widders. Reviewing some possible ammeter options now.

I'd love a graph to peruse as you've included more detailed specifics about the stock stator that I've heard claimed before and Yamaha published. The observations about the stator being part of a larger system with limitations appear actually to be very logical and considered.

Thanks.

[email protected]

Sounds good to me! Just a little "jumping the gun" (seems like?). Some real world testing with datel voltmeter and high-load accessories and long distance would sure put the questions to rest, methinks? Interesting statistics, too, about stock output. IMO, the permanent magnet alternator system used on many motorcycles is a disgrace and has an abysmal track record compared to the ultra-dependable automotive style (variable electro-magnet field) used so successfully on some bikes -- even (some) Yamahas. As one who's replaced many a "crispy-critter" stator, maybe try this test, too: use the new stator along with an old "crappy", near-dead battery (push-start the bike) and green-corroded connections on the a-c output wires.....

Seriously, in time, with a little proof it should receive a warm welcome.

As one who's replaced many a "crispy-critter" stator, maybe try this test, too: use the new stator along with an old "crappy", near-dead battery (push-start the bike) and green-corroded connections on the a-c output wires.....
Good idea! I'm sure TDub will be available after his botox treatment this weekend and be glad to help, he's just that kinda guy ;)

Alright, then....

I just got off a 30-minute phone call with ElectroSport.

They asked that if you have questions, please EMAIL them. Please resist calling them up and deluge them with questions, as they are a small shop and a massive phone campaign really impacts their ability to get work done. They learned this the hard way with the V-Strom community. :lol:

Here's the deal:

A prototype is being sent to me today. I should have it by early next week. I will install it and you can best believe I will put it through the wringer.

And I'll report my results here.

If I can replicate in the real world what Ritzo is saying he sees on his test equipment, then this may indeed be the stator panacea we've been looking for. It would roughly be 100-ish watts of power above what we currently see right now.

This would do the job... it means the end of the only real problem area on the bike for us Endurance Riders. And for everyone else who loads up the bike with 2-up electrical gear, aux lights, etc.

So... we shall see.

BTW.... kudos to Rick Conn for this find. I dunno if Rick is attending WFO or not, but if he does, we'll all have to buy him a beer. ;)

Hell, I'm not a voltoholic, yet would still like the wider comfort zone this appears to offer, a GB at roughly a buck and a quarter would be awesome. Looking forward to the test results, hold the BBQ sauce. :D