steering head sockets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy,

No apologies needed. Making 300 of those tools (I got mine!) was way above and beyond.

I am just really glad, glad, glad to hear that you are well and enjoying life! As you no doubt read, some of us thought that maybe the worst had happened and that you were no longer with us.

Now give someone the names of those 16 deadbeats so we can hound them incessantly just for the fun of it!!
+1000 on that, Roy. Thanks for your efforts.

And a complete list of the 16 folks who didn't pay would be fun. I'd be happy to pay some of them a visit.
+1 on making a Beadbeat list. :angry2:

I didn't buy a socket, but I'd gladly buy a ticket to the in person dogpile of the 16 involved in not paying for something that someone made in their own time and shipped out at their own expense.

I guess I'm not as forgiving as others...cuz this just pisses me off to no end. BTW, if yer one of the 16...I'd like to meet you personally, send me a PM.

Whoa, wait a second. I too was one of the folks that was lucky enough to get in on Roy's generosity, and I am very appreciative of his efforts. This is a cool tool, that's for sure.

But I have serious doubts that there were 16 miscreants on this forum that didn't make the agreed upon payment. My experiences with buying and selling stuff here has always been positive. I really can't believe that there are that many dead beats in our midst.

Perhaps there is/was some other explanation for what happened? Checks lost in the mail or something? :unsure:

Can (will) anyone who has access to the correct castlenut socket be willing to provide measurements of the socket? I don't want to take my steering stem apart just to remove the nut for measurements but if I knew the required sizing, depth, and location of each of the locking protrusions, then I might be able to fabricate a suitable socket out of a plain socket. I would also need to know the diameter required.

If someone can provide measurements, then I would be willing to sketch a plan to scale which could be used by others.

Just an idea.

Anyone willing to help out?

Thanks,

Dale

Latest posts