Stem Mount Nuvi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the process of getting a nüvi 40 for my bike. This GPS has a small ball socket in the back which allows the suction cup bracket to snap on. I'd like to get a "RAM ball to nüvi ball" adapter if they make one. Does anyone know if they do?
Not sure why you would want that particular unit for a motorcycle. It would definitely not be my first choice.

But to answer your question, the RAM web site has a fitment tool (yeah that's a link) that allows you to find adapters such as you are looking for. Unfortunately, when you plug in nuvi 40 it comes back witha generic cell phone gripper type cradle, and I'm pretty sure that's not what you seek.

Since the nuvi is NOT waterproof or splash-proof, you may be better off going with a Ram Aquabox to hold the GPS. You would need the "medium wide" size to accommodate that GPS. It will accomplish the mounting (securely) and will also add water-proofing. It can also be used on other devices or future GPSes if you should decide to upgrade to a more capable unit in the future.

There is alternative called the "Rambone" mount that would work as well....

_wsb_640x479_WP_000746.jpg