Stock Connecting Arm Length?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wa_FJR_Guy

Reaction score
Hello All

I am the second owner of a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300 ABS.

Not knowing all of the modifications the previous owner, I am interested in know what the standard (hole center to hole center) of a stock Connecting Arm.

The hole center to hole center of the existing connecting arm is ~7.5 Inches [190.5mm]

I recently purchase a Lust Racing lower kit which is supposed to lower the motorcycle 0.6 inches [15mmm], but the difference between the existing arm and the List Racing arm is ~3/16 Inch [4.75mm].

Thanks

The linkage arm (arm 1 on parts fiche) on my '15A is right at 7.5" long. The rear suspension linkage isn't a straight 1:1 ratio so the Lust product sounds right. Do be careful with speed bumps with a lowered FJR. There's not a lot of daylight under the headers, especially when lowered.

~G

Hello All

I am the second owner of a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300 ABS.

Not knowing all of the modifications the previous owner, I am interested in know what the standard (hole center to hole center) of a stock Connecting Arm.

The hole center to hole center of the existing connecting arm is ~7.5 Inches [190.5mm]

I recently purchase a Lust Racing lower kit which is supposed to lower the motorcycle 0.6 inches [15mmm], but the difference between the existing arm and the List Racing arm is ~3/16 Inch [4.75mm].

Thanks
Why are you trying to lower the bike?  As stated, the headers are vulnerable already.  I damaged the headers on a prior 2007 going over a speed bump. I was not going more than 5mph.  

I know the septics like their imperial measurements but if something is made metric then it's metric. I am one of those born at the time I can use both imperial and metric.