STOLEN overnight in Minneapolis 10/9/22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay-motion

Reaction score
Missing 5:30am Friday October 9, 2022 - Dark side 2010 FJR 1300 with 2013 motor, Penske shock, Traxxion forks, Corbin seats, distinctive reflective tape layout, aftermarket exhaust with stock mufflers - please be on the lookout!

Attachments

• 20585196-267E-485E-8A6F-F203918F09C5.jpeg
    20585196-267E-485E-8A6F-F203918F09C5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • C22FA310-6FA6-4306-8643-C58F5D59CBDA.jpeg
    C22FA310-6FA6-4306-8643-C58F5D59CBDA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 19732195-273C-4616-AF5E-A2D016E5ADFF.jpeg
    19732195-273C-4616-AF5E-A2D016E5ADFF.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 15
Clay,

Can't help from Utah, sorry. That's a hard break. Best wishes.
I am curious about how it was stolen. Any local security videos? Was the front end locked? Disk lock? Did they use a trailer or a truck? I would guess that they pushed it some distance, and then put in on a vehicle not far away.
Are the cops doing anything? Insurance?

The main cause of thievery will be the people who are willing to buy stolen goods. IMHO.

That stinks, best of luck getting it back...I hope you have good friends looking out for you too, I am of no help in Komifornia.

Missing 5:30am Friday October 9, 2022 - Dark side 2010 FJR 1300 with 2013 motor, Penske shock, Traxxion forks, Corbin seats, distinctive reflective tape layout, aftermarket exhaust with stock mufflers - please be on the lookout!
Any chance they had a key? Which car tire did you have on it? That's somewhat hidden identifier that might get overlooked by the avg crook.

I don't get out much but this is the first FJR I have ever heard of being stolen!
Galfer brake lines, another give away.
Sorry to add insult to injury but what is up with that billet oil filter thingy??

That sucks, I detest thieves. An FJR isn't a bike I would think would be a target. In my head, I would think they would target Harley's for parts and sport bike that they stunt on, along with dirt bikes. Maybe they needed to go far and fast. Any chance it was towed

Lots of FJRs have been stolen. IIRC, it is especially true in Europe -- so much so that there is a booming market for immobilizer bypass systems and US ECUs that don't talk to the immobilizer system.

Lots of FJRs have been stolen. IIRC, it is especially true in Europe -- so much so that there is a booming market for immobilizer bypass systems and US ECUs that don't talk to the immobilizer system.
My French insurance company requires that mine has a serious lock (SRA approved) securing her whenever she is parked and must be kept in an alarmed garage (with the SRA lock securing the bike) when at home. If I don't have the lock on her and she's stolen, I lose 50% of her value! These requirements have made me a bit paranoid.

I even had to send them photographic proof and the receipt, including the SRA approval number, that I had an SRA approved lock.

This could also be because I live in the Paris suburbs.

Note, it is exceptionally easy to get the key with the chip copied (cloned). No ID required. I did that when I bought the bike at the local locksmith as the Yamaha keys are rather soft.

I don't get out much but this is the first FJR I have ever heard of being stolen!
Galfer brake lines, another give away.
Sorry to add insult to injury but what is up with that billet oil filter thingy??
I am curious too - from the looks of it I believe it's an aluminum oil filter protector cover that also has cooling fins to help cool the oil. Or could be vice versa... 😁
It's the first time I see something like this on an FJR

I am curious too - from the looks of it I believe it's an aluminum oil filter protector cover that also has cooling fins to help cool the oil. Or could be vice versa... 😁
It's the first time I see something like this on an FJR
Google billet oil filter. Lots out there. Not usually just a cover but a complete unit that may have a permanent cleanable filter element or a replaceable paper element.

No news from the OP. Hope he has some luck!

Never once occurred to me our blessed FJRs would be a target for thieves.

There are websites and / or Apps to report thefts usually in each state. Never had FJR stolen but have had a trailer taken. I never recovered it but I did feel better about posting it with pictures. Certainly better than law enforcement efforts.

I also monitored marketplace on Facebook for the area but did call on several that looked like mine for sale. It had some home made mods that would have taken considerable to alter. No recovery there either but you never know.