Storage suggestions in San Fransisco

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajBach

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope this is the correct section for this post. I'm planning my first trip of the year and think I will ultimately end up in San Francisco since surprisingly, flights to and from there to Canada are less than half the price from other spots like Denver, Sacramento and others in a 500 mile radius.
I'm leaving from Vancouver and driving indirect. Need to put the bike into a 5 x10 for 3 weeks in May but damn if I can find a spot. I usually go for a small locked unit so I can leave my gear etc but may have to settle for sheltered parking.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx

Buy a house. Sell when you get back and you could double your money.

Or, find a place to store it anywhere along the train line that takes you toward SFO. Nowhere is parking as impossible (or overpriced) as SF.

Oh yeah. Trains through CA. I think I saw that for 100 Alex. ;)

732124-garbage-16.jpg

As for buying a house and selling it when done: Who has that kind of disposable income? I mean housing at all in CA is already insane. Why feed the beast?

Parts of Cali and parts of SF do look something like that, but the signs are mostly in English.

But I found out today that they charge $50 to park your car for a Giants game!

The point wasn't the look; it was the lack of enforcement that drawn in more of the thefts. That puts all personal property at risk.

Buy a house. Sell when you get back and you could double your money.

Or, find a place to store it anywhere along the train line that takes you toward SFO. Nowhere is parking as impossible (or overpriced) as SF.
😜
I'm learning that quickly. Anything I saved on airfare I'm paying in storage!
There are a few places that seem to market specifically to two wheels and they're more reason able than regular storage. Most of them are on the treasure island. Moto Haus is interesting as a stand alone facility.