STS Turn Signal Harness for Gen 3 FJR1300

Help Support FJRForum:

RiderJoe

Members+
Reaction score
I don't have access to a Gen 3 FJR, or a wiring diagram for it. However, this video on YouTube from TwoWheelObsession gives indication that the wiring loom for the turn signal changed significantly from the Gen 2 models. If the connector type can be identified, and is available somewhere (EasternBeaver? - it looks very much like this Sumitomo TS025 - 10 position one from the video, but I am not sure), then a similar harness can be made for Gen 3 too. The difference seems to be that the connector on the Gen 3 is only a 10-pin connector, which is very different from the 13-pin connector on the Gen 2, and is accessible at a different location on the bike. Bryan in the video mentions that there isn't space to mount the STS properly where the connector is, but the leads are long on the STS harness to mount it at a nearby place, and even if it isn't, the wiring from the plug-in harness can be made long enough to be able to mount the STS at a suitable place.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Old Guy

Members++
Reaction score
The signal light connector for the '13 is under the black nose cover, and I found room under there (barely) to mount the STS. It was challenging :) I was able to do the install using the pieces and instructions that came with the STS, but a custom-made harness would have been nice, for sure.

I've attached a wiring diagram done by John Casteel. I've also got a PDF version of the service manual, but it weighs in at about 20 Mb. I could email if you want to drop me a PM with an email addy.

Attachments

• FJR Electrical Diagram Rev 6.pdf
    630.8 KB · Views: 7

TooManyBikes

Members+
Reaction score
I've attached a wiring diagram done by John Casteel. I've also got a PDF version of the service manual, but it weighs in at about 20 Mb. I could email if you want to drop me a PM with an email addy.
Thanks for this information and your kind offer to forward the service manual. Will follow up with a PM if I decide to do the STS install.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Latest posts