Suitable LED replacement for Gen II front signal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
I'm OK for the rear signals - I have some auxiliary signal/brake "Hyperlites" running in the rear so I have no interest in replacement of stock signals with LED but in the front, I find the stock signal lights to be a bit anemic. They are drowned out by the LED headlights, Clearwater Ericas on the mirrors and Clearwater Glendas (with amber lenses) on the forks. Even with the aux lights turned down to minimum, the incandescent front signal/marker lamps are underwhelming.

Is there a suitable replacement LED signal/marker lamp available to fit a Gen II? Has anyone installed a set and are there issues with signal flash rates? I could always try some sort of separate auxiliary setup like the "hyperlights" but haven't seen anything that would look OK on the front.

Following, but only b/c I still have the original front turn signal bubs from 2007. Sooner or later one's got to croak, yes?

Yah. I replaced one in my 07 at maybe 150,000 miles. With the extra auxiliary lighting on my 2011, the front would benefit from brighter signals. I suppose I could repurpose the fork mounted Glendas as signals since they already have amber lenses.

Very significantly brighter than stock?

Work well as both marker and flasher?

Did you have to change a flasher relay or add a resistor for flash rate?

Did you buy amber bulbs or white - relying on the amber lens?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: