Summer Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharif

Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has Held Air Hero gloves. My old summer gloves (Joe Rocket) are shot and I'm looking around for a new pair.

What to folks wear for summer riding?

As much as I love my Held gloves (I own 3 sets!) I can't recommend the Airstream glove. No wrist strap and butt seam along the gauntlet started coming apart after about 5 rides.

They are comfy and flow a lot of air though. Still love my Sprints and Steve's though.

I just picked up a pair of Firstgear Sedona gloves, mainly because they actually fit. They're very light, reasonably cool, and are cheap.

I have 5 pair of HELD gloves . . . bought a pair of Airstream vented gloves last year and I love them . . . no issues at all and they're kevlar lined

For summer, I go low tech and buy a left and right (black) golf gloves...about $10 each. They are lightweight very comfortable and basically keep the sweat off the grips.

I tripped on the way to the first tee yesterday and the grass wore thru my golf glove. Glad I wasn't running at 50mph down the asphalt when I stumbled. :)

I tripped on the way to the first tee yesterday and the grass wore thru my golf glove. Glad I wasn't running at 50mph down the asphalt when I stumbled. :)
lol. Yes, golf gloves offer very little protection...just light & comfy.

I have the Held AirStreams and love them. Been wearing them for three seasons and no torn seams. I wish they had a wrist strap but they are fairly secure and flow air very well.

After my slide on the road during a dog encounter last year, my short Joe Rockets did a decent job of protecting me. They wore thru around the wrist/palm area. So I looked for a better glove.

I ended up with the Held Short Racing gloves and love the fit and finish and hopefully will not have to use the protection... Been using them for about 6 months, no complaints.