Summer gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, after following this thread, I ordered the motoport racing glove also. Thanks for starting the thread.

Really like Icon Twenty Niner gloves in hot weather. No longer $29, but not much more at Revzilla.

My hands always get hot and I had a problem finding the right summer glove. When I was at Motorcycle Outfitters in Tellico Plains, he suggested the Tour Master Deerskin leather gloves in the tan color. They are great. They look like they would be hot, but they are not. They do soak up water like nobody's business and that is my only complaint, but that's not what they are designed for.
I was looking at Aerostich Elkskin https://www.aerostich.com/competition-elkskin-roper-touchscreen-gloves.html and am hesitant on the heat factor. Good to know the deerskins are not that hot. What temps are you riding in with them?

Greg

I've been riding with the Aerostitch Elk skin for a couple years now in hot and cool weather, very comfortable!

Wiley-x hybrids. 50% leather, 32% nomex, 15% Kevlar. 100 percent comfortable. But I don't always wear gloves in the summer.

Greetings all,Just wondering what your favorite summer glove is. Needing a new pair and want to upgrade from the cheap(ish) mesh I have been buying.I will be riding in temps that will hit 110 +TIA,Greg

Update:

I have worn these from 34 to 121 degrees since I got them. While they are not a true 3 season glove for me (they are not that great in the cold) they make a great 2.5 season glove with grip warmers. Unless you have some form of hippo hands on your bike, that would probably bring 'em back to a three season glove. . Even at 121, all I had to do was put my hand out in the breeze, and I could feel the air flow. Well worth the $$$.

+1 Love these gloves for riding from 50F and above with good protection.
+2 on the Rev'it Dirt 2

These are very good hot weather gloves (I ride in central Florida - lately in the mid 90's with 85% humidity). I also really love the fact that I can operate my Samsung smart phone while wearing these gloves due to the thumb and 1st finger having special material that will work with touch screens.

BTW - Rev'it gloves tend to run small. If you have large hands (I do) be aware you may want to order up 1 - 2 sizes.

Thanks for the thread and the responses. I ended up buying some Held Airsteam IIs for down here in SC summers. I love my other Held gloves and hope I like these just as much.

I've got a pair of Held Airstreams. Nice glove, well made, flows a bunch of air. The problem with them is they are a short gauntlet and have no wrist strap. I suspect they'll vamoose at first contact with the road.

Last edited by a moderator: