Summer Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
I am looking for a pair a summer riding pants that don't look like motorcycle pants. I do not want jeans because I want something more protective than that. I want to be able to wear them like regular pants and not over pants. I want to be able to blend in a little while walking around off the bike.

Any ideas?

There are new jeans all the way lined with Kevlar "Rokker" Swiss Made. I think they have a distributor in Florida.

check www.therokkercompany.com

They sell for 329.00 and I think that's too steep for the US market.

Alfredo

Both Competition Accessories, and Dennis Kirk, have kevlar khakis. As well as kevlar jeans, which may be protective enough for you. www.compacc.com & www.denniskirk.com Pretty sure they both offer free shipping if you spend a hundred bucks.

Mike

whatever ya get, be sure they, at least, have CE approved armor in the knees and hips

THESE, at least, have armor in the knees, but what are ya hips worth?

good luck, sir

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I am looking for a pair a summer riding pants that don't look like motorcycle pants. I do not want jeans because I want something more protective than that. I want to be able to wear them like regular pants and not over pants. I want to be able to blend in a little while walking around off the bike.
Any ideas?
you're a biker...own up to it :clapping:

Hey John these don't look like riding pants. And they match your boyfriends clothes too. :p
wferrell.jpg

Or how about these? Take your pick.

jim_carrey400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
whatever ya get, be sure they, at least, have CE approved armor in the knees and hips
THESE, at least, have armor in the knees, but what are ya hips worth?

good luck, sir

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Any ideas?
you're a biker...own up to it :clapping:
I might check those out. The description says "Hand treated and washed down for a stylish semi-faded look". That is right up my alley.

Might wanna Check out:

Icon's:

Recon pants, Hooligan denim, Strongarm pants and/or their Victory riding pants.

JoeRocket's:

Rocket jeans or their steel jeans.

Best prices I have found for a lot of apparel is:

https://www.sandhillspowersports.com

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not wear just regular jeans? I know you want protection, right? Well how about gettting a set of these and let us know how you like them. They seem to fit you requirements and your budget.

https://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/ws1/catalo...wodjBJWCw#Order

I haven't gotten a set for myself yet, but they are on my list for regular riding wear. As soon as the budget allows I'm ordering a set for myself. Something about having armor on my lower limbs would make me feel a whole lot better riding in the twisties.

Check out the pants made by Olympia. They even have some that will zipp off into shorts. https://www.revzilla.com/olympia
These look interesting. Has anyone tried these out yet.
Johnny,

I have a pair of Olympia AirGliders 2 (jacket & pants). They are very comfortable and well made. I got them in silver because of the Texas heat.

I recently replaced them with Rev'it Turbine jacket & pants. The Rev'it are made much better and have better protection (they also are more $$$).

The Olympia's breath better.

What size are you in Olympia?

Best regards,

Shane

I crash tested the Joe Rocket kevlar jeans with CE armour in the knees. 50mph getoff with no damage to my legs. The jeans tore a bit, but the kevlar stayed intact. They look fairly normal when you are off the bike.