Sunrise coffee run, Casco Bay & Portland Maine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullivan

Reaction score
What the city waterfront is looking like, without tourists.  But the coffee shops are still closed, due to virus.  Got an early ride in, anyway. Notice no traffic.
20200517-063633-1.jpg
20200517-061132-2.jpg
20200517-060611-1.jpg
20200517-055623-2.jpg

Riding the Maine coast in decent weather (especially on a weekend) without being swamped by crawling tourist traffic would be a surreal experience.  (I am mainly talking about Ellsworth to Brunswick on #1 - Portland/Casco Bay region is a little further down the coast)  The only time I will do it is on a weekday morning and every time I go that way, I tell myself it will be the last time!  Haven't tried it on a weekend in at least five years.

What routes were you on?

Tx for posting about a region I've never been to. Great to see new stuff, even if only virtually.

Ross, in looking at the road picture (Commercial street, waterfront, technically 1A?), I can see where my 08AE got rear ended and went to the great salvage yard in the sky (well maybe somewhere in New England to get rebuilt).  Several years back, we all used to do a Chowda ride.  Didn't people get in a tizzy when they had to cross through Portland to get through to Freeport, Brunswick, and up the coast!! Didn't help that it was 4:30 traffic on a work day. Ha.