Superbright LEDs Replacement of Tail/Brake Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a picture and review at the end of the OP.
That would be the ones you called 7443 up there?

Since you're an admin and all, you can fix it and delete my post, and nobody will ever know. . . . B)
I think I've confused myself now. I'll have to go home and check tonight. It's one of the two.

Yep, 2357.

Reading the box.....2.....3....5.....7.

Ignore my 7443. That would not the bulb that's the rear brake light.

Fixed OP.

It probably doesn't add much to this discussion, since it doesn't at all concern putting leds into the existing housing, but I just wanted to say that I have bought from Superbrightleds for several years now, and especially the newer 30° angle extra bright ones (like the ones they also sell pre-wired for 12V) are very nice.

Prewired LEDS Just scroll down to "Wired LEDs and LED Bolts"

I upgraded my old Bestem box with a bunch of these; I just drilled and popped these into the existing brake light pcb, plus I added a whole bunch around that as running lights. They mount very easily and are very bright in comparison to most other LEDS that I have seen (8000mcds). Plus they also have a version in blinking. I plan on putting that box on my FJR soon, or at least have it fitted as an option for the occasional longer ride or grocery stop.

I do not have any affiliation yada yada.

Chris in Portland

Last edited by a moderator:
KLR forum reporting explosion of these bulbs damaging reflectors in light assemblies. Buyer beware!

Has anyone used the Amazon linked bulbs from the above post in their FJR?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do run brighter LED turn signal bulbs in the stock V-Strom housing, but I am reluctant to try LED bulbs in the tail-light housing (FJR or V-Strom). I do not want to risk melting down the housing due to any possible heat issues - the Whelen brake light addition is more than enough.