Supertech filters no mo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
Seems Wal-Mart is no longer selling Supertech filters. I still have a few ST 7317 filters left (somewhere) but looks like that will be it. Reports of them pulled off the shelves coming in from another forum.

Great oil filter for $2.67. Too bad........

Last edited by a moderator:
Which would explain why the shelves have been empty of mine for the FZ1. Plenty of crap Fram ones there and they have a nice $12 Bosch filter. Blech. Sucks.

Just was up there, shelves have none at all.

On the upside, they now carry Purolator filters, but not the Pure One's.

I will make my rounds today to scoff any that are left if possible. I will let you know the results. I have 2 on the shelf now. I bought two gallons of semi synth yami oil yesterday at the local steeler dealer.

Dave

Stopped by the local WM today. All Supertech filters pulled off the shelf. They had some $12 Bosch and the unwanted Framm filters.

Looks like the Emego filter from Cycle Gear will be my next buy after my supply is gone.

If they are pulling them off the shelves then I'd like to know why. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are pulling them off the shelves then I'd like to know why. Anyone have any insight?
Posted at the VN750.com thread:

"Well they pulled them here in Alabama too. The guys said that they dropped the line to add more Mobile-1 stuff and a new brand name that they couldn't remember."

Appears to be nation wide. Guess they were not making enough money on them.

Glad I bought all the 7317 they had a few months back. Still have 8 on the bench but they go on the FJR, the FZ1, and the Infiniti so will burn through them pretty quick.

The regular Purolators they have now are good, just $1 more and white :(

I'm giving the top-of-the-line FRAM a try: https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Tough-Guard-Oil-Filter/16878902

FRAM Tough Guard TG7317 - $5.44

It's one of the "long" filters (3.5 inches?), it fit and sealed without any issues, and it looks good. The grey color almost matches the engine:

TG7317_040606.jpg

At Amazon, Purolator Pure Ones are $5-6 each. Sometimes less. Mobil 1 has a good filter too. Got a bunch at OReillys a while back when you could buy 5 qts synthetic oil and a Mobil 1 filter for around $18. Bought a bunch. I use the oil in my cars.

What kind of pansy assed cars do you guys drive that take the same oil filter as the FJR?

And the STP filters are just as cheap as the Supertechs. I would bet not one person can tell me the fundamental or quality difference between a Supertech filter, a Fram, STP, Mobile1 or any other.

I think I'll stick with the Yamaha filters. Even though I don't know if there's any difference there either.

Snicker...Can I pull a horse trailer with that high revving oversized motorcycle engine? Besides...You know what they say about engines with big filters..............

Yea, they've got the Bosch Distance Plus at $12 a filter. Fortunately we have an AutoZone right outside with the regular Bosch filters at $6. Not as cheap as the old ST's, but at least I can go with either the Purolator or the Bosch.

By the way...probably a repost, but if you haven't seen this, it's a nice cross reference for sizes that fit and recommended filters. Very handy to pull up on the old phone while in the auto parts store looking for a motorcycle filter knowing no one in the store can help you with this.

https://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

I make my own out of a piece of copper pipe, a half roll of toilet paper [Charmin], and a Budwiser can...