SW-FOG 2012 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok boys and girls...C and I are here. We're in room ***. My cell is: AAAHHHHH...TOO LATE. If you ordered a shirt, it's here with us, so come by or gimme a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
COSFJR and I have arrived as well. We have name tags (with an itinerary on the back) in room 207. Or call/text me: seven one nine six five zero three eight zero zero.

Well crap Bwana...C and I left Albuquerque a little later than I wanted those morning, so we're sitting in Espanola getting lunch. Talked about going through Pagosa on the way up, but maybe we'll just do the boring straight shot. If I'd of known you guys were in Santa Fe, we woulda met up.

Armand, we'll see you on Friday, right??

Hey AJ. Yeppers. Started my packing and kicked the tires today. Was gonna go up thru Chama but that would turn it into almost 7 hrs, so I'll do the straight run up and the scenic route home. Should arrive Friday @ 3-4pm. Leave some good routes for us late comers :lol: Enjoy!! CU soon.

The Stanley Boys are in Room 306 and our cell # is 480-440-4666. We are grabbing our swim trunks and searching out a place to do some float tubing, maybe even some white water rafting if the local rivers are running strong enough. Approximate 0930 departure from the parking lot.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33630-d522482-Reviews-Amicas-Salida_Colorado.html Seth and I are recommending an excellent place to have dinner for you SW-FOGgers: Amicas Restaurant located at 136 E. 2nd St. in Historic Old Town Salida, it is within walking distance of the Gateway Inn and their phone # is 719-539-5219.

We dined together with Scott, Shaun, AJ and Carrie: We all agreed that the food and brews were excellent! Papa Chuy Viejo, a tiny delicate eater, gives five forks up for the Amicas Lasagna!

Thanks for the updates, keep em coming. At least this poor bastard can read what the "fun people" are doing. :( Do your name cards have pictures of Sheep too? Just wondering. :p

Has anything been scheduled for Saturday yet? Some riding and/or tubing sounds good.
Nothing official planned, but there's plenty of stuff to do: various rides to choose from, hot springs, rafting, zip lines, etc

TRAFFIC ALERT!

Seth and I hit a 45 minute wait delay on Colorado Route 24 between Granite and Leadville today at 1030 hours, traffic warden said they will be working the road again tomorrow. One lane of loose gravel for a length of six miles, 40 mph the entire stretch!!!

Has anything been scheduled for Saturday yet? Some riding and/or tubing sounds good.
Nothing official planned, but there's plenty of stuff to do: various rides to choose from, hot springs, rafting, zip lines, etc
https://www.inaraft.com Seth and I checked out this outfit this morning, seemed to have their act together! We decided to go riding instead of rafting though. Up through Copper Mountain and back via Fairplay!

Cec and I got here about an hour ago. Came to beat the heat and it has been hot!!!!!!!!!!! except for a little while

when we left Cortez this AM.

https://greatwallchinesesalida.com/ With my Anorexic Condition I'm probably not fully qualified to be a Food Critic, I eat just like a bird (South American Condor!). Seth and I had a fantastic late lunch at Great Wall Chinese at the corner of 3rd and G in Salida!

IMG_63131.jpg

Remember the good old days when telluridefjr, Niehart and GreggieM used to show up at FJR Forum Events? Well, at least it was great when John and Dave would attend, SkooterG: Not so much!

Hal_John_Me_Don_Greg_Cigar.jpg

Thats is the downside of riding Colorado in the summer months, thats when the repaving projects go on because of the short season available. Almost hit single lane work on every highway you ride. Can't make good time, might as well have a good time! :p

Is there a sig line do-dad for 2012 available yet? I see phroenips has one but it links to the SW-FOG site and I'm having trouble separating the image from the link.

Is there a sig line do-dad for 2012 available yet? I see phroenips has one but it links to the SW-FOG site and I'm having trouble separating the image from the link.
Feel free to use the URL https://www.sw-fog.com/images/swfog-twitter-60px.png

swfog-twitter-60px.png
<sigh> another computer "thing" to try and figure out

But it does look good.
This is what you would need to add to your signature:

Code:
[img=https://www.sw-fog.com/images/swfog-twitter-60px.png]

For those trying to get their 2013 plans together .....

Mick, they should have had the show in Winnipeg! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
GREAT idea, Don.

At least we'll be having SWFOG there this year, right?
If you have SW-FOG in Winnipeg I'll bring the kielbasa.
10-4, Eleanor; start packing up the kielbasa Bill, I've already talked to Scott and Shawn and SW-FOG 2013 in Winnipeg is a done deal!
If this is true and why wouldn't be (after all I read it on the Internet) one of the routes can be a ride up to Dauphin Manitoba and catch some of the Canadian Ukrainian Festival