SW-FOG 2013 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all else fails, there's a liquor store right across the street
wink.png

Man...If a flask lasts you more than 10 seconds, you're either a poor drinker, or you have cheap whisky. Thank goodness for the store across the street.

I just booked too....Telluride I'm bringing a flask of something good to help make the evening parking lot more interesting
smile.png
Hey buddy--- make sure you look me up. I'll be on the odd looking FJR.
Yes zzzzip it will be good to see you again. Such fond memories of the last time I saw you....sitting in the pouring rain with our bikes turned off waiting for those lazy ass customs agents to wake up and open the border crossing going home from NAFO
smile.png

I just booked too....Telluride I'm bringing a flask of something good to help make the evening parking lot more interesting :)
Hey buddy--- make sure you look me up. I'll be on the odd looking FJR.
Yes zzzzip it will be good to see you again. Such fond memories of the last time I saw you....sitting in the pouring rain with our bikes turned off waiting for those lazy ass customs agents to wake up and open the border crossing going home from NAFO :)
I'm still not sure why you guys had to unpack your bikes and open everything, when my check pretty much consisted of, "What's in the bag?" "Stuff. Want me to unpack them?" "Nah."

The younger agent did take umbrage over the fact that by my admission my prescription drugs were not in their prescription containers. Looking back on it, I can see where having Lipitor in a PEZ dispenser could be of concern to national security.

We've got a couple of sponsors! That means DOOR PRIZES!!!

Apex Sports and Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza in Colorado Springs have both donated some goodies to SW-FOG. A $25 gift certificate to RMCP, and Apex gave us a hoodie and a leather vest.

Hotel update: only 2 rooms left in our block. They expire (along with our group rate) on May 20. If you haven't reserved yet, do it now (you can always cancel the hotel later)

I'm going, tried registering but web page is giving an error after completing registration info.. Mark me down for the dinners. Looking forward to it

Registration is in, website is all good today

Last edited by a moderator:
A buddy of mine (yes, I actually have a friend) has decided to ride out with me to check this meet out. Please add QuickKen on his Kawasaki to the rider's list. He hangs out with FJR riders, so he is semi-OK........ for a Kawasaki rider.

A buddy of mine (yes, I actually have a friend) has decided to ride out with me to check this meet out. Please add QuickKen on his Kawasaki to the rider's list. He hangs out with FJR riders, so he is semi-OK........ for a Kawasaki rider.
The Kawasaki rider won't be making it after all, so you can remove him from your list.

Thanks.

The Kawasaki rider won't be making it after all, so you can remove him from your list.
Thanks.
Well, you know what they say about those Kawasaki riders...ok, I don't know either, but it sounded good
tongue.png

Dammit...Now I can't find it. What is the last day to pay for dinner(s)? There's a slight possibility we may have to cancel, so I'm waiting until the last minute to pay up.

Dammit...Now I can't find it. What is the last day to pay for dinner(s)? There's a slight possibility we may have to cancel, so I'm waiting until the last minute to pay up.
It's on the "dinners" page of the sw-fog website: https://www.sw-fog.com/dinner.php

I've extended it to June 14 (it was June 7)

bump for meal payment. I've only received meal payments from five people so far. Unless it picks up in the next week or so, I don't think we'll have enough committed people to make a group meal worth it for the restaurants

Instructions here: https://www.sw-fog.com/dinner.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm local and can make it down for one of the dinners if that would help :)

Busy month, so can't commit the whole weekend. Any price other than the cost of the dinner?

I'm local and can make it down for one of the dinners if that would help
smile.png

Busy month, so can't commit the whole weekend. Any price other than the cost of the dinner?
Nope, no other cost. And the only reason I'm having people pre-pay for the dinner is so I have a more accurate headcount to give the restaurants (last year we only had about half the number of people show up who said they were going to...it ended up working out ok for the restaurant, but I still felt bad)

Dude...If not enough people pre-pay, just announce where we're gonna eat. People can show up and order their own food and pay their bill. Easy enough!

Latest posts