SW-FOG 2013 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made it home couple of hours ago. Took a break for the night near Wichita. 30 mph cross wind across Kansas S**k, but even with that to deal with this trip was worth it. Had a great time meeting old friends and making new ones.

Had 3 days full of amazing routes and our fearless leaders were local people who knew the roads and lead us on a "Brisk" pace.
thumbsupsmiley.png

Really Jim, Monarch Pass is posted at 45 mph. Went over that pass three times, I swear I never saw that sign!

Had 3 days full of amazing routes and our fearless leaders were local people who knew the roads and lead us on a "Brisk" pace.
thumbsupsmiley.png
Really Jim, Monarch Pass is posted at 45 mph. Went over that pass three times, I swear I never saw that sign!
One of the Rocky Mountain lows is the speed limits in Colorado. They are about 10 mph less than most states.

Yes the speed limit on Monarch Pass is 45 as shown......

IMG_0940%2520%2528600x450%2529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CO 92 winding around the mountain over the Black Canyon north side

Aspen grove on 92

Same road

ditto

My favorite liquor store in Salida

Headed home Sunday morning west of Canyon City.

The un-FJR

Made it home on Thursday, no deer strike this year. Went to Red Lodge and Yellowstone, down to Garden City then across Hwy 89 to Logan. Nice road, a good one to put on your list of To Do's. Averaged over 51 mpg, that's a first. Not as many pictures as usually take but I have a few and will post.

I'm waaaay late with this, but here's the group photo (courtesy of fontanaman!)

(click the picture for a full size version)