SW-FOG 2017?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3 - 6th weekend works for me and NE Colorado is only a little over 800 miles for a quick day ride. I might just be able to make that work but the FJR will have to stay home with all the great off road trails. Looks like the Tenere will get the nod for this trip.

Ok. Ed has used his Voodoo powers and frigging coerced me into helping. I officially hate you guys!! However, Steamboat Springs doesn't seem to have any good rides close by, so we're discussing the Estes Park area. I know, I know, it's expensive. Well, welcome to Colorado. They take tourist season seriously.
I'm looking at close towns that may be cheaper, and Loveland CO, which may be the have to, just for money and size. I'm looking for a place with close to 30 rooms that can accommodate approx 50 people. I'm looking for places with breakfast, clean beds, decent showers, and hopefully less than $100/night. That last part may be a stretch, but I'll do what I can.

August 3rd through 6th. Checking in Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Did I already mention I hate you guys?

Stay tuned, and if you think you're definitely in, post up. That will help with actual room count guesstimates.

Damn that Ed!!
I have concurred with AJ that Steamboat is out of reach with quality riding routes and 3 to 4 hours to Estes Park (the main focus of this rally). So, after extensive calling around for rooms in Loveland (only 30 min from Estes Park), August 3rd - 6th will be the rally dates and the Fairfield by Marriott will be announced for the rally.

What makes Estes Park and Rocky Mtn NP such a prime destination are the many prime roads, peaks, pull-off for viewing & picture opts that are limitless. So, if you never did Rocky Mtn NP, this would be a chance of a life-time (bucket-list) thing or if you have done it before, it would be a golden opt to ride one of many roads missed the last time you were there.

I will provide details soon in another post for this rally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Ed has used his Voodoo powers and frigging coerced me into helping. I officially hate you guys!! However, Steamboat Springs doesn't seem to have any good rides close by, so we're discussing the Estes Park area. I know, I know, it's expensive. Well, welcome to Colorado. They take tourist season seriously.
I'm looking at close towns that may be cheaper, and Loveland CO, which may be the have to, just for money and size. I'm looking for a place with close to 30 rooms that can accommodate approx 50 people. I'm looking for places with breakfast, clean beds, decent showers, and hopefully less than $100/night. That last part may be a stretch, but I'll do what I can.

August 3rd through 6th. Checking in Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Did I already mention I hate you guys?

Stay tuned, and if you think you're definitely in, post up. That will help with actual room count guesstimates.

Damn that Ed!!
Stayed here for the HW3 Rally a couple of years ago in Georgetown. As I recall, it was pretty reasonable and close to get to lots of good riding.
cool.png

There's also an ABVI in Georgetown as well.

Damn that Ed!!
Stayed here for the HW3 Rally a couple of years ago in Georgetown. As I recall, it was pretty reasonable and close to get to lots of good riding.
cool.png

There's also an ABVI in Georgetown as well.
The SW-FOG meet-up has been set up for the Fairfield Inn for Aug 3-6.

See post: Official 2017 SW-FOG meet-up, Aug 3-6, Loveland, CO

www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/171274-official-2017-sw-fog-meet-up-aug-3-6-loveland-co/

Perfect,
grrr.gif
my sister and her two kids are flying home from California, and my mother is flying home from Texas to spend this week with us. Looks like I'm out for right now.