SW-FOG Preparation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
SW-FOG Preparation: Departure from HELL (BHC,AZ) 0600 Wednesday for Prescott to meet with Ed "PegScraper

Air filter cleaned

Spark Plugs Cleaned

Engine oil changed

Final drive oil changed

Clutch fluid changed

Brake fluid changed

Tires changed

Zumo 590LM installed with TPMS

Bags packed

I was going to install the Skyway Hydration kit, But i cannot find the damned mounting plate for the passenger pegs!
sad.png

See Y'all soon!
yahoo.gif

Bike is ready, prayed the PR2s make the trip, packed the saddle bags and going to try to get to bed for an early start tomorrow morning. I'll be meeting with Silver Streak in the Denver area tomorrow afternoon and depart Denver area for the last leg Thursday morning meeting up with Zbear and his wife on the way South. Hoping to hit Silver City no later than 7:00 pm if the plan all comes together.
no.gif

I fixed a bunch of the music on my GPS. Gonna pick up the shirts tomorrow and pack. Will meet Bwanadik and J and then head out Thursday morning. WooHoo!

Tomorrow will be a hot ride for about an hour, then it'll cool off right into Flagstaff and South on I-17. Chris has to work, so we will hit the road at 5pm, when it is only about 109 degrees like it was today. Yippi Yi yay!

The only "scenic route through the mountains" consists of taking 25 to Socorro, grabbing 60 to Datil and then finally getting some scenery as we head south. Either way, the ride kinda sucks.

I will prolly just head for 52 and ride the Black Range. Only an hour farther down 25 anyway. Maybe I'll see what Jeff and J wanna do.

Well, I decided to have a stress free ride and take Angel I had on my rear off. The front is still good, but the back was near the wear bars and too many have seen cords right about now. It would suck to be 200 miles from nowhere with a FUBAR tire.

So I went home, took the rear off and am having a new one put on now. I liked these tires, but I won't buy them again if we can't reasonably figure out how much life is left.