SWFog Travel plans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also plan to be in Ely on Wednesday PM, and depart for Cedar City the next morning, I'd like to join you guys to Lehman Caves. I wonder if the road up to Wheeler Peak, above Lehman Caves, is open early this year? I used to be a cave guide at Lehman Caves, so I probably don't need to see that again, but the road up to Wheeler is a fun distraction.
After Baker, NV I'll take UT highways 21, 129, and 130 to Cedar, those are fun lonely roads!
Cool Bob, we have a small herd( 4 bikes so far) staying at the Prospector and would like to meet you there. Never even thought about the road and snow to the cave but I suspect Nevada has been short on snow just like Ca. I'll have to check into that when I book the tour, Wheeler Peak is awesome and makes it hard to believe you are in Nevada.

We'll do the same route to Cedar City, nice roads to set the cruise and take a nap.
no.gif
Doug

Doug,

Sounds good, I'll see you guys in Ely, and I'm also thinking there's not much snow around there!

Bob
Doug,

I talked to a buddy of mine in Ely two days ago, he thinks the road up to Wheeler will be open. As you suspected, eastern NV got very little snow this past winter.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I also plan to be in Ely on Wednesday PM, and depart for Cedar City the next morning, I'd like to join you guys to Lehman Caves. I wonder if the road up to Wheeler Peak, above Lehman Caves, is open early this year? I used to be a cave guide at Lehman Caves, so I probably don't need to see that again, but the road up to Wheeler is a fun distraction.
After Baker, NV I'll take UT highways 21, 129, and 130 to Cedar, those are fun lonely roads!
Cool Bob, we have a small herd( 4 bikes so far) staying at the Prospector and would like to meet you there. Never even thought about the road and snow to the cave but I suspect Nevada has been short on snow just like Ca. I'll have to check into that when I book the tour, Wheeler Peak is awesome and makes it hard to believe you are in Nevada.

We'll do the same route to Cedar City, nice roads to set the cruise and take a nap.
no.gif
Doug

Doug,

Sounds good, I'll see you guys in Ely, and I'm also thinking there's not much snow around there!

Bob
Doug,

I talked to a buddy of mine in Ely two days ago, he thinks the road up to Wheeler will be open. As you suspected, eastern NV got very little snow this past winter.

Bob
Thanks Bob, darn east coasters swiped all our snow this year. I rode up through Truckee around Lake Tahoe and down 395 to Palm Desert in January this year, that should just not happen. Almost no snow then and we didn't get much since :(

Doug,

I would like to join you on the ride to Ely and on. I'm coming from Yuba City so I should be able to meet up in Peardale, unless you are taking 20 instead of 80, then I could meet you in Nevada City. This is my first trip to one of these group rides, so I'm hoping to tag along some.

John

Doug,
I would like to join you on the ride to Ely and on. I'm coming from Yuba City so I should be able to meet up in Peardale, unless you are taking 20 instead of 80, then I could meet you in Nevada City. This is my first trip to one of these group rides, so I'm hoping to tag along some.

John
John, I'm from YUBA City, left in '72.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing if we have any mutual acquaintances.

PM Bugnatr, he's a great guy even though he rides a damn Goldwing. He'll line you out, he's from just outside Grass Valley.

My travel plans are to appease the wife and haul the bike in the back of the Tundra. Leave first thing tomorrow morning swooping down to Phoenix on Monday. Then we will spend Tuesday through Thursday working our way up to Cedar City.

FJR is snug as a bug in the back of the Tundra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug,

John
John, I replied to your pm. with my contact info. I'll be home all day Sunday, Tyler is coming by after the BOM Banquet.

Doug,

John
John, I'm from YUBA City, left in '72.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing if we have any mutual acquaintances.

PM Bugnatr, he's a great guy even though he rides a damn Goldwing. He'll line you out, he's from just outside Grass Valley.
Just stay out of my way John, once the Hippo gets rolling it's hard to stop.

My travel plans are to appease the wife and haul the bike in the back of the Tundra. Leave first thing tomorrow morning swooping down to Phoenix on Monday. Then we will spend Tuesday through Thursday working our way up to Cedar City.
FJR is snug as a bug in the back of the Tundra.

Cool, just unload a block down the street and we'll never know. Nice to hear your wife is coming, it's always good to have plenty of girls to make us look better.

Too bad about Old Michael, he got married and still looks like Old Michael.

I plan on wandering down from SLC into Torrey sometime Wednesday evening. Depending on the weather, I may travel via Wolf Creek, Indian Canyon, Scofield Rez, Huntington...or just slab it to Hwy6 and start canyoneering at the Scofield turn-off (although there is a major I-15 construction FUBAR at point-of-the-mountain. Definitely going to avoid that nightmare.)

Anywho...I may see y'all along Hwy 12 southbound on Thursday.

Hoping the weather will cooperate with some dramatic photo shots along the way...

Lydia

PS Playing with the SWConnect/Spotwalla stuff now - have never used this tool. Wondering if it will drain my iPhone battery?

although there is a major I-15 construction FUBAR at point-of-the-mountain. Definitely going to avoid that nightmare.
Anywho...I may see y'all along Hwy 12 southbound on Thursday.

Hoping the weather will cooperate with some dramatic photo shots along the way... +1

Lydia

PS Playing with the SWConnect/Spotwalla stuff now - have never used this tool. Wondering if it will drain my iPhone battery?
FUBAR for that mess down there is an understatement, I went down to see my mother in the hospital a couple weeks ago and it was scary bad, huge holes, uneven lanes, off set grates in the lanes, simpy a mess for a motorcycle. If anyone is reading this and is wondering what we are referring to.... AVOID I-15 BETWEEN DRAPER UTAH AND LEHI/ALPINE UTAH!!! Best to swing west and use 'highway' 68 (Redwood Road).

If I use SWConnect with my i-phone it kills my battery fast, if I use that I usually plug the phone in while that app is running. YMMV