Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a powered tank bag and have everything chaging when I ride. It is also good for plugging in your heated gear.

Don't buy an OGIO unless you want to ruin the paint job on your tank.

Soft bottom is better!

Hard bottom and tiny stong magnets kills your paint.

It looks like Yamaha Europe has a NEW/Improved FJR tank bag:
YME-W0750-10-00_HR.jpg

Touring Tankbag

Part Number

YME-W0750-10-00

Now to find a price and if it can actually be had somewhere....

Standby...

Do you know where one can purchase this bag?

It looks like Yamaha Europe has a NEW/Improved FJR tank bag:
YME-W0750-10-00_HR.jpg

Touring Tankbag

Part Number

YME-W0750-10-00

Standby...

Do you know where one can purchase this bag?
I have inquired with the Canadian folks and they are checking... Have not heard back yet.

As previously discussed:https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...489&hl=tank

... and as stated in post #21, Nelson-Rigg CL-350 for me. My all time favorite long distance tank bag. :)

Best wishes for finding one that meets your needs.

AGirl
Quoting myself seems weird, but.... :rolleyes:

...just wanted to add with 140,000+ miles (albeit not all on my FJR), my Nelson-Rigg CL350 tank bag is going strong and is still my all-time fav tank bag.

AGirl

It looks like Yamaha Europe has a NEW/Improved FJR tank bag:part Number

YME-W0750-10-00

Standby...

If you find something, I'd like to know too.

I emailed a Yamaha dealer in Vancouver myself. Will let you know if anything positive comes back.

BTW the bag is shown on this UK Yamaha site: https://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/...ur/FJR1300////2

Also shown, on an alternate page, are FJR "City Bags". Narrow versions of our double-walled standard bags. One more thing we CANT HAVE here. What's up with that? Would it kill them to offer this stuff stateside????

Chris

Has any body tried the Yamaha Expandable Tank Bag # GYP-5JJ64-11-BW? Looks nice on the Yamaha site but I would like a review before ordering.

I just got an email back from Pacific Yamaha BMW in Vancouver.

They said the part number for the new Euro FJR bag doesn't show up on their Canadian Yamaha part list.

Might be able to order it via a UK supplier. Don't know.

Chris

They said the part number for the new Euro FJR bag doesn't show up on their Canadian Yamaha part list.

Chris

Try these guys:https://www.westernpowersports.com/

My experience at Pacific Yamaha was poor. I found the older euro version of that tank bag at Western Powersports and it was on sale too! I just happened to stop by their store one day and there it was for less than $100cad all in! One of my best finds so far. Needless to say that I have returned to that store and always receive excellent, friendly service. I have no affiliation, just happy to get the level of service that is difficult to find these days.

Chris

Try these guys:https://www.westernpowersports.com/

My experience at Pacific Yamaha was poor. I found the older euro version of that tank bag at Western Powersports and it was on sale too! I just happened to stop by their store one day and there it was for less than $100cad all in! One of my best finds so far. Needless to say that I have returned to that store and always receive excellent, friendly service. I have no affiliation, just happy to get the level of service that is difficult to find these days.
Nope. They don't care them either. Thanks for the lead though.

I have a Dowco Fastrax Elite that I'll be putting a few thousand miles on at the end of the month.

Nice big mapcase, pockets, little flashy color swatches, spot for a hydration bladder (not included). My only complaint so far is that the velcro holding the mapcase on really doesn't cut it in crosswinds. Yay for having fast reflexes, though. I plan to get some snaps/buttons/zippers sewn on to better hold it in place.

I've got the Axio hard tailbag holding down the passenger seat and I really like that, too (I like it even more now that it's got a few coats of tent-sealing silicone on it...) - I'd read reviews that said the Axio tankbag was just a smidge wide for the FJR's bars.

Touring Tankbag

Part Number

YME-W0750-10-00

Here is the deal on the above Yamaha Tank Bag.

This bag will not be available in Canada or the United States. I did speak with the Canadian Parts Rep and I can place a one time order to get these bags in from Europe. The cost is 199.99 plus tax plus shipping. I plan to order one and will take orders. You will pay the dealer directly with credit card. I will work out the shipping details.

This will be a one shot deal. Please PM me if you are interested and I will forward additional info.

Scott

Canadian FJR

Touring TankbagPart Number

YME-W0750-10-00

Here is the deal on the above Yamaha Tank Bag.

This bag will not be available in Canada or the United States. I did speak with the Canadian Parts Rep and I can place a one time order to get these bags in from Europe. The cost is 199.99 plus tax plus shipping. I plan to order one and will take orders. You will pay the dealer directly with credit card. I will work out the shipping details.

This will be a one shot deal. Please PM me if you are interested and I will forward additional info.

Scott

Canadian FJR
Scott, may I suggest starting your own thread? This info will be somewhat buried in this long thread.

I am also a minimal minimalist, I also have the smaller Nelson-Rigg, I don't even use the hardbags, the Nelson easily holds the one spare pair of underwear I bring on my week long stints.
That's not for routine changing, right? On a measly one weeker. The one spare pair is for emergencies only - you know, the kind that pucker the sphincter, but don't get it ALL the way closed???