Tank bra for a Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
My Mag-Knight tank bra has cracked. A replacement, including shipping, is over $100. Seems excessive to me. Does anyone know of a similar, less expensive tank bra? I'm not looking for one of those fancy, etched designs. Just something simple that protects the tank.

Thanks,

Jon

Do a search for Carver tape. (AKA blue painters tape) The ultimate redneck solution for fuel tank protection.

Guys - While I appreciate the suggestions, I am looking for something more like the Mag-Knight -- a cover/protector that will fit against the tank and protect it from getting scratched.

Have a look at TechSpec tank pads. A bit cheaper. Rubberized pad with adhesive attachment. Very robust and provides knee grip as well.

That is what I have on my 2011 - see pic (with my grandson)

42222505581_6119d18e5b_z.jpg

feeej-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info on TechSpec. Appreciate a serious response to my posting. And grandson is quite a fella, though where’s his helmet?

Ordered a TechSpec Gripper today. There website didn't work for me but they took a phone order. I'll post once I install the pads.