Tankbag Sized LED Flashlights ??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V GER

Reaction score
MAGLITES always seem to be popular, but I thought I'd drop a line in and see what gets hooked......

:clapping: THANKS :clapping:

MAGLITES always seem to be popular, but I thought I'd drop a line in and see what gets hooked......
Maglight, that's what I'll tell yah

I think I carry at least 3 of the little ones (2-AA)

One in Tank Bag

One in stich pocket

One in Tool pouch.

At about $10 each you have redundancy should the first one fail.

-bvw.

I love these.

Stainless and rubber construction, square so it doesn't roll, lifetime warranty on bulb.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an electrician I use flashligths a lot (I get called when the lights go out. :D )I've had lots of problems with MagLights when I don't use them often, I've gone through a lot where the batteries start leaking and ruin the light. I'm using these now:
LL7463.jpg

I gave my wife one, keep one on my belt at work, have one in my tank bag and have a smaller one on my key chain. Radio Shack has them for about $20.00 with batterys and if you have a Frys Electronics near you they carry lots of models.

If you're serious about getting the right light Rider magazine did a pretty thorough review of small flashlights a while back. Problem is I (unwisely) did a thorough cleaning out of my magazine stacks, so I can't give you an issue number. A bit of searching will probably turn it up though.

Damn you guys. All this talk about these things made me go buy one from Amazon.com.

Well, I'll need it for work, anyway. Thanks.

This is what I've found to be the absolute best for the $$ (also made in USA FWIW)

I also like the Inova X5, but batteries can be hard to find on a trip (CR123)

koe4aay.jpg

4 AA model is $16.00 at www.brightguys.com

and the 2 AA model is 11.95.

Rated at 35,000 CP. UL listed for hazardous location duty use, and is waterproof (submersible to 100 ft)

Damn you guys. All this talk about these things made me go buy one from Amazon.com.
Well, I'll need it for work, anyway. Thanks.
Toe is right on with these! the small NAPA is excellent bright for the buck and the inova line is,( per brother's in blue) about the best out there... And we get a discount (from our police equipment suppliers) We use the T4

I've been using one of these for years. Petzl Tikka Plus
979400.jpg

Not a flashlight, but it is hands free. Great around the campsite or to see into the dark recess of FJR bodywork too. Even comes with a handy carrying pouch to protect it in your tankbag!

Richard

I just got a combination LED flashlight (3 leds) and am/fm radio that has a hand crank on it. Looks like an elecvtric razor. No batteries required. This comes with me on the next trip.

Maglites were considered the best back in the day because they were pretty much the only game in town. Keil (sp) used to also be big in police work back in the 80's.

But now, there are so many options. Laser products, Streamlight, Gerber, and countless hundreds of other companies.

LEDs are ever evolving as well. Just 5-6 years ago, there was no such thing as a blue LED. Super whites are even newer.

My suggestion is, find one that you can test (or that someone you know and trust has already tested) that isn't too expensive and get it. 5 years from now, movie projectors may be run by something the size of a calculator if things keep evolving the way they have in the last 2 to 3 years.