Taxes done! Going for a ride to Disneyland!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pale,

Congratulations. Glad to hear that there's somebody out there that can afford to go anywhere after doing their taxes. I live on the other west coast, about 1 1/2 hours from Mickey's cousins in Orlando. I don't know about Disneyland, but Disney World wants a small fortune to get in the gates. Not in my budget. Anyway, concerning the taxes, Uncle Sam required me to pay this year since one of my daughters made too much money for me to be able to claim her as a dependent any more. Oh well. At least they're done. Say hi to Mickey and all his California buddies for me.

Gary

darksider #44

Taxes where done February 10th, have been on a few rides since then.......... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

R

Hey Pale,

Congratulations. Glad to hear that there's somebody out there that can afford to go anywhere after doing their taxes. I live on the other west coast, about 1 1/2 hours from Mickey's cousins in Orlando. I don't know about Disneyland, but Disney World wants a small fortune to get in the gates. Not in my budget. Anyway, concerning the taxes, Uncle Sam required me to pay this year since one of my daughters made too much money for me to be able to claim her as a dependent any more. Oh well. At least they're done. Say hi to Mickey and all his California buddies for me.

Gary

darksider #44
10 years in Tallahassee--87-97--for this west coast boy, but I do miss the bird life and the alligators and the fantastic bugs.

Yeah Disney is real proud of their attractions. Admittance is costly here too--$95/day for the two parks. Unless you have annual passes like we do, so it hurts only once a year. Ours include parking, and it's just a half-hour ride on the Feej. Sometimes we go down just for lunch and Pirates.

The bugs... hey remember "love bugs?" April and September they're out in force around here. Don't suppose they have them in you new-neck of the woods?

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
The bugs... hey remember "love bugs?" April and September they're out in force around here. Don't suppose they have them in you new-neck of the woods?

Gary

darksider #44
Love bugs--yeah. I particularly remember that they like to gather in thick copulating swarms in a 20-foot ball hovering over hot blacktop waiting for bikers to slam into a clump of about 26,000,000 fucking (literally) insects at 65mph on a humid NoFlo day. That is a treat not to be missed. Especially the part where your face shield is totally blocked by bug guts and you're suddenly blind. Ah, good times.

We don't have those here.

What I do miss is Wakulla Springs, a state partk that was formerly an estate belonging to the Duponts. Have you been? It's centered around a 9-mile freshwater river formed by an outflow from the aquifer--something like 300,000 gallons an hour, just incredible bird and animal life, with glass-bottom boat tours so you can see the alligators. It's where the old "Tarzan" and "Creature From the Black Lagoon" series were filmed.

Really if you haven't seen it it's worth a trip over.

THe wife and I got a suprise trip down to Orlando (never been) next week on sun and mon till 5pm Anything we have to do or see? We are directly across from the park. Any way to get discounts on getting in? Unexpected work travel and we've already come close to maxing the budget on her plane ticket. Thanks natives!

THe wife and I got a suprise trip down to Orlando (never been) next week on sun and mon till 5pm Anything we have to do or see? We are directly across from the park. Any way to get discounts on getting in? Unexpected work travel and we've already come close to maxing the budget on her plane ticket. Thanks natives!
There are some discounts, but as I recall, they're not substantial, and there are multiple parks, each with its own entrance fee. One non-Disney fun thing to do is take an air-boat ride. You can find them in the hotel/motel advertising circulars.

Things to do? Oh my soul, YESSS. Take a trip out to Cape Canaveral and visit the space center... about 1 1/2 hours east. Incredible experience. Don't think the timing will be right for you, but Endeavor is scheduled to launch on April 29 at 3 pm. Experience of a lifetime. Ya need to get up close, those launches shake the ground for miles around. We can watch the launch from 200 miles away in Spring Hill where I live. Sometimes they postpone a launch for a day or two because of launch problems. The timing might be perfect... keep an eye on the Cape Canaveral website for launch time. Another great opportunity is the Don Garlits' Drag Racing museum. https://www.garlits.com/ I could spend a week in that place. Have taken several out of town guests there, and it's just incredible. For me, ya seen one Disney Park, you've seen em all. Sorry, I'm burned out on Uncle Walt's money machine. Raised two daughters and went there once too many times I guess. But this area's got a lot to offer. Let us know how ya make out.
Gary

darksider #44

Since when have we had to file a tax return?

When are they due??
Hey fish,I enjoyed reading your partial quote of the New Testament under your post. You might recall another quote. "Shall we pay tribute unto Caesar? Whose inscription is on this coin? That of Caesar. Therefore give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's." Forgive my butchery of those verses here, I'm going by memory, which has been slipping lately. Anyway, since Caesar isn't around, Uncle Sam has graciously agreed to help you obey that command. We have so much to be thankful for.

Gary

darksider #44

Since when have we had to file a tax return?

When are they due??
Hey fish,I enjoyed reading your partial quote of the New Testament under your post. You might recall another quote. "Shall we pay tribute unto Caesar? Whose inscription is on this coin? That of Caesar. Therefore give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's." Forgive my butchery of those verses here, I'm going by memory, which has been slipping lately. Anyway, since Caesar isn't around, Uncle Sam has graciously agreed to help you obey that command. We have so much to be thankful for.

Gary

darksider #44
That, my friend, was sarcasm.

I know, I know. I was just goofing off with my crack about Uncle Sam as well. I'll say one thing, with the economy the way it has been, I've got a hunch that taxes are going to get a lot more expensive in a couple years. I wish I WAS kidding about that, and I'd love to be wrong. Hold on to your wallet, my friend.

Ride safe.

Gary

darksider #44