TBS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregarious

Reaction score
I just did my first TBS on my 06, but of course I dropped one of the vacuum plugs. Did a search, but cant find where to find those pesky plugs. Auto parts store? Help please!

Almost any auto parts store.

Field fix is to put ~2-3" of hose over the fitting then push something like a golf tee, screw or nail into the hose stub. Permanent field fix is to shoot a bit of RTV into the hose and let dry before starting the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did my first TBS on my 06, but of course I dropped one of the vacuum plugs. Did a search, but cant find where to find those pesky plugs. Auto parts store? Help please!
In a pinch, just get a piece of vacuum hose and plug it, then clamp it on. Until you can order a cap ( I hope you can order a cap), thread a screw in some vacuum or fuel line tubing and zip tie it on there. You'll at least get to ride. Oh, I guess you can cut the tubing and use it from your carb tuner. I think I used a #8 machine screw to close off the tubing. And zip tied it. On my Audiovox CCS-100 vac lines.

If you think the clip is still on the cap, you might get it with a small telescoping magnet.

thanks for the quick response. I wont be riding for a few days unfortunately, so I can just get some at the auto parts store. Now I'll have extras (Murphy's Law, you know)! :D