Tech Day XII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not "wimping out"...it's called being smarter than your spouse...

Besides, if Andy picks a fight with the wrong bookcase, he may end up in a cast this time and not be able to ride home...

I can help with taxi and food/beer runs - I'll probably wimp out and bring the car instead of riding in the rain with Andy so I'll have room!

[quote name="RaYzerman19" post="1305845" timestamp="1461614007Eastern Beaver PC-8 is quite compact, has external relay available.... are you using the room in the under seat tray?
Yes...and there is another module in there too
I was able to fit the FZ-1 under the rider seat no problem.

Yeah after looking at it again, I might be able to velcro it on top of the module, under the riders seat.

I finally thought of something to do to my bike... Install the wiring harness for the heated gloves that Sooze got me for Christmas!

BTW - will there be a washing station for the bikes?

BTW - will there be a washing station for the bikes?
uhoh.gif

Well I do suppose that this will be the first Tech Day weekend where the weather isn't absolute crap, so maybe it's worth washing.

My wire stock is depleted. We'll see what El Toro Joe borrows from work. May still need to run out and get some.

Last edited by a moderator:
If by "not absolute crap" you mean "it doesn't look like it's gonna snow," then, yes.
Seems like there is always some form of precipitation.

So a dumb question. How would I know if I need the CCT done? I'm not planning on it this weekend, since it just popped in to my head and I figure it is too late to get the parts I need and fit it in to the schedule anyway. With over 50k on the clock, should I have done it already?

Idle needs to be adjusted too I think. That doesn't require a Tech Day, I just need someone to remind me to do it while I have a screwdriver in hand.

If by "not absolute crap" you mean "it doesn't look like it's gonna snow," then, yes.
Seems like there is always some form of precipitation.

So a dumb question. How would I know if I need the CCT done? I'm not planning on it this weekend, since it just popped in to my head and I figure it is too late to get the parts I need and fit it in to the schedule anyway. With over 50k on the clock, should I have done it already?

Idle needs to be adjusted too I think. That doesn't require a Tech Day, I just need someone to remind me to do it while I have a screwdriver in hand.
Tim, the CCT shouldn't need to be replaced unless it is making noise. I know my 06 had more miles on it, when it started making noise. Oh, and so far I've got a decent qty of 14 AWG wire, I'll see what I can do about getting some 16 & 18 AWG.

But let's do a quick roll call - who's going?* Geek and Sooze

* Ray

* 'Fitter

* DesignFlaw - valves, TBS

* Naskie

* Joe (the el toro one)

* Pista - CCT, suspension pivots

* AllenC and guest - valves

* Cav47 - valves and a whole list of shit

* TommyKay

* extrememarine - DRZ forks

* FJRfarrier

* oface

* BlacknWhite23 - forks, CCT

* bseelbach

* deagle

* crumpadump

* BugR (maybe?)

* zed88 (maybe?)
Quick question: for those of us who are gonna stay in hotels, which hotel and for which night(s)? Sheila asked - she's gonna see if she can get us a better rate.

But let's do a quick roll call - who's going?* Geek and Sooze

* Ray

* 'Fitter

* DesignFlaw - valves, TBS

* Naskie

* Joe (the el toro one)

* Pista - CCT, suspension pivots

* AllenC and guest - valves

* Cav47 - valves and a whole list of shit

* TommyKay

* extrememarine - DRZ forks

* FJRfarrier

* oface

* BlacknWhite23 - forks, CCT

* bseelbach

* deagle

* crumpadump

* BugR (maybe?)

* zed88 (maybe?)
Quick question: for those of us who are gonna stay in hotels, which hotel and for which night(s)? Sheila asked - she's gonna see if she can get us a better rate.
The Pines Country Inn. I am staying with Griff.

Well...if your roomie hadn't shared that you two have the honeymoon suite for Friday night
whistle.gif
...JSNS

Last edited by a moderator: