Tech Day XIV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I can make that happen. Up Friday evening.
Is there a hotel close? For bike to be cool, I'd have to leave it. Get back to hotel some way.

If I can work out this stuff, I'm In with a few tools and perhaps some single malt.
There are approximately two hotels in Owosso. Sooze and I (and Crump, IIRC) stayed at the Comstock Inn at least one time. Bust said he's gonna talk to the folks at the other hotel.

Either way, yes, there are hotels, and we can figure out transportation to and fro.

And keep an eye on that single malt - one of the Canadians is pretty sneaky.

You're such a tease.

Although, 101stpathfinder rode up from Florida for one of these.

And it was snowing.
One? I think that I have made 3 of them… at least 2.

1 with FlyingJ (Who I will be going to see this coming weekend) I picked up tires in Indiana "On the way"

2 When I had a valve check (Showed up the night before)

3 When I picked up my '05 from Wisconsin Not sure if that was a tech day
uhoh.gif

Every trip to Bust's is a trip worth making!

….Darn the book cases !
punk.gif

This...

Tech XIV room ratesPost by Bust » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Figured it would be easier and less confusing for some of you twatwaffles if I started a new thread aboot rates..

The pines were willing to give us $15.00 off the normal rates for the weekend. $60.00 a room and $4.80 tax. Granted there is no bar, there is an applebees about a mile away. Or you could do like most at rallies and just bring booze back to your room and have a party there.

We will have one vehicle for transport capable of 5 adults, but given this crowd all I can see is maybe one Adult. And even that is questionable.
AND If any of you are feeling adventurous, old red could transport 2 of you there reasonably safely. The car doesn't need to return either night so if any of you fukers want to hit the hot spots -0- in town at least you won't have to balance on 2 wheels.

Anyway here's the lowdown. The Pines Country Inn. 1730 E Main. Owosso mi. Ph. 989 723 9000.

Just mention tech weekend so you get the discounted rate. All they ask is you book your room by March 28th.

Somebody post this next door ok?

Oh, Blow a goat Marty!
icon_razz.gif

I have a room with two beds at the Pines Friday and Saturday nights if anyone wants to split it.
I'll split! We stayed at the Pines last year and the motel was recently renovated and in nice condition.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones at Bust's event.

Hoping someone has a fork seal driver (maybe Bill?) and can assist me on a Gen2 fork rebuild??

And I will bring a couple of dozen donuts and mixed pastries for the troops.
punk.gif
punk.gif

What's everyone doing to their bikes? Me, replace spark plugs and TBS, maybe air filter and break pads. Maybe lube and retorque tripple tree.

The weather is looking a tad iffy for Friday. Here is a message from our host:

Right now my feeling is don't ANYBODY feel obligated to attend at this point.. Maybe the weather will get it's shit straight, but it's fuking Michigan..

Hell we could end up with tornado's tomorrow.
Tech central ph# if anyone needs it. 989 494 3162 cell 989 725 2340 House

Just caught the local (Detroit) weather - looks like this will blow through tonight; by Friday afternoon things should be in decent (although chilly) shape. If you're riding in, be careful out there...

The weather is looking a tad iffy for Friday. Here is a message from our host:
Right now my feeling is don't ANYBODY feel obligated to attend at this point.. Maybe the weather will get it's shit straight, but it's fuking Michigan..

Hell we could end up with tornado's tomorrow.
Tech central ph# if anyone needs it. 989 494 3162 cell 989 725 2340 House

Morning Bust and friends!

Sorry to say that some family matters are going to keep me from coming to the tech day tomorrow.....
sheep.gif

Hope to make the next one. You 'all have fun!
rolleyes.gif