Tech Day XV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
Announcing Tech Day XV! That's right, kiddos - this is the 15th Kinda-Semi-Annual-Ish Best Damn Midwest FJR Tech Day ever!

I, and my MUCH better half, Sooze, will be hosting this event. We are in sunny, beautiful, Marysville, Ohio, which is aboot 20 miles NW of Columbus and just down the road from the factory where Goldwings used to be assembled.

When:
The date for Tech Day XV is Saturday, September 16, 2017.

Lodging:
The Brain Trust gets first dibs on the guest bedrooms, but we have plenty of floor space for either sleeping bags or air mattresses and can help supply an air mattress or four. Speak up so we can figger it out. And, of course, we have a large yard for anyone who would like to throw a tent down. If yer allergic to cats and don't have a tent, there are approximately 2 hotels in Marysville.

Who:
All are welcome. Non-FJR folk (AKA, "weirdos") are also welcome but may be subject to ridicule, passive-aggressive comments, hazing (AKA - "Go buy us some beer. We're running low and the Canadians are here."), or you / he / she may have to mow my lawn or pull weeds outta my flower beds.

Seriously - all are welcome.

The Inn will be open for guests Friday.

Post up if you are coming. Please include:
1. When you plan on arriving and if you are staying overnight. That helps the innkeepers to plan and stuff.
B. What you're looking to do to your bike. Plan on wrenching on your own bike with folks nearby who have already either broken what you're working on or have completely screwed the pooch on what you're working on. If you're not sure what parts you will need for whatever you wanna do to your bike (say, a valve check or a fork rebuild), the sooner you speak up, the sooner you can get parts advice.

The Brain Trust usually brings most tools needed to get most jobs done. I have a thingy in the garage with a bunch of tools that ... well, other than the metric screwdrivers, I'm not really sure how to use them, but other people have used them and their bikes ran, so that's good.

If you need tires, speak up so that we can make sure there's a tire changer here. Otherwise, there may not be one.

If you wanna ship parts here ahead of time, PM me and I'll send you my shipping address. If ya need our address, PM me and I'll send it to ya.

We are looking forward to seeing faces both familiar and new!

Jacqueline and I are IN!
punk.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well maybe not Jacqueline...If not, I'll bring a new set of tires, that will need to be mounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put me down as a positive maybe.

Had an absolutely great time last year, except for the performance award on the way home.

LEO says, "You're 70 years old. Don't you think that it's about time that you slowed down"

FYYFF Smile away

Had an absolutely great time last year, except for the performance award on the way home.

LEO says, "You're 70 years old. Don't you think that it's about time that you slowed down"

FYYFF Smile away
On vacation last week, I read Ron Ayers' book aboot the 1995 Iron Butt Rally. There was a fella from Germany in the rally and he got pulled over several times. I think in every encounter, the LEOs made a comment along the lines of, "This ain't the autobahn."

Hope ya make it, Ray!

BTW - I work aboot 5 minutes from the Iron Pony. If anyone needs anything from there (like fork erl), lemme know and I can pick some up and have it ready. Just bring cash.

Count me in. I'll plan to come down Friday. 500 miles short of 100K and my forks need some love. I would like to replace bushings, seals and oil.

***Ray*** I would greatly appreciate help in making sure I have all the parts I need

FYYFF Smile away
Maybe you should have answered,"70 years old,don't you think I deserve a free pass once in a while?"

We're six weeks out. Here's the list so far:

Who || When || What
Geek & Sooze || We live here! || Host & hostess
RaYzerman || Friday || Observe, heckle & help
yamafitter || Friday || Observe, heckle & help
thompsonian || Saturday || Hang out, BS, and hand out the wrong tools
El Toro Joe || Saturday || Tires and / or Jacqueline
ckuhns || Saturday || Hang out, BS, and hand out the wrong tools
gray ray || Saturday || Hang out, BS, and hand out the wrong tools
Old Michael || Questionable || VERY questionable
bseelbach || Friday || Forks - 2013A
Tommy Kay || ? || ?
PhilJet09 || Depends on work || ?
JustinNck1 || ? || Has tools and a manual
Intech || On the fence || Observe, heckle & help
crumpadump || ? || ?

Pretty sure extrememarine will be there as well.

If anyone needs the address, shoot me a PM.

Who || When || What
Geek & Sooze || We live here! || Host & hostess
RaYzerman || Friday || Observe, heckle & help
yamafitter || Friday || Observe, heckle & help
thompsonian || Saturday || Hang out, BS, and hand out the wrong tools
El Toro Joe || Saturday || Tires and / or Jacqueline
ckuhns || Saturday || Hang out, BS, and hand out the wrong tools
gray ray || Saturday || Hang out, BS, and hand out the wrong tools
Old Michael || Questionable || VERY questionable
bseelbach || Friday || Forks - 2013A
Tommy Kay || ? || ?
PhilJet09 || Depends on work || ?
JustinNck1 || ? || Has tools and a manual
Intech || On the fence || Observe, heckle & help
crumpadump || ? || ?

extrememarine || Friday or Saturday || Observe, heckle & help

FJRfarrier || Saturday || Observe, heckle & help

OM said:
Geek, I've got your "questionable" in my hand right now.
PM me that address.
Bringing bed bugs, and a wicked thirst.
(Can yamafitter replace the air filter on my Wing?)
Yer such a tease.

I mean, really?

DSC09101.jpg