Tech spec snakeskin tank pads for 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgdw

Reaction score
hello all.. I'm looking to get some tech spec snake skin tank pads but I'm having a bit of an issue.. when i go to the tech spec site they suggest sku #62-0066 yet when i go to Rev Z they show me something suitable for a different bike.

.I asked around and was told the Rev Z ones suggested wouldn't be a good fit so I'm at a bit of a loss..i bought the pannier pads and they fit fine but finding a 2015 tank pad is becoming a bit of a challenge..I'm told the 2014 and 2015 tanks are a different size?..any help would be appreciated.. thanks all

Write a message to Melissa at:

[email protected]
Phone: 775-783-5110

TechSpec is the manufacturer of the protectors, they will be the ones to know the correct P/N and fitment. Melissa will give you an honest response to any question you have, they aren't out to sell you something that won't fit or you won't like. If you do purchase something from them and you don't like it or it doesn't appear it's going to fit correctly, as long as you don't peel the backing they will take it back.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/techspec-snake-skin-tank-pads-yamaha-fjr1300-2006-2015

https://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/yamaha/yamaha-fjr1300-2006-current-tank-grip-pads.html

Revzilla sight needs updating when you use a specific year you get nothing for 14 & 15. On the 16 it says they are the same as 06-16 & the same information for a 13 but the photos shown is an FZ08. the correct item number is sku #62-0066 for snake skin fits 06-16

Twisted throttle offers a better price with free shipping also

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/techspec-gripster-set-for-yamaha-fjr1300-06-13-right-left-and-center-tank-grips

Call TechSpec. They are a small company. Their customer service is great, but their Web site isn't the best. What's with the aversion to making a phone call? I'd rather talk to someone than use a frigging on-line site.

In addition, the material at retailers is the 'removable' type adhesive, and if you would like the more aggressive adhesive, the only way to get that is to call Melissa.

I'm pretty sure that someplace in this Forum you can find the contact information for Melissa along with a suggestion to contact her.

The 'High Fusion' protectors are only available directly from TechSpec. They don't look like the Snake Skin, the texture is entirely different. At this time I can't recommend the High Fusion Bag protectors, they need to be updated for a better fit, the rest of the High Fusion pieces seem to be fine.

While the adhesive on the Snake Skin is more orientated for track day protection a little 3M Trim Adhesive will make the Snake Skin a High Fusion protector, and sometime down the road they can still be removed with -- wait for it -- 3M Trim Adhesive Remover.

Will someone send me a picture of the GripSter pads installed on a 2015 FJR? I bought a set but, from sitting on the bike, it looks like both the knee pads and the center pad would need to bridge across the tank and the tupperware piece below the tank to protect from scratching and provide a good grip. In other words, each side pad would need to be in two parts; a long narrow strip on the tupperware and the pad supplied above it in the tank. The same for the center part. I'd hoped to put them on today before a ride tomorrow, but may need to wait until I can talk to Melissa tomorrow.

599082_10151268734339628_150270376_n.jpg

Thanks. Your pads look a little different from mine, but I can see they are only on the tank. It must be they are thick enough to keep your legs off the lower panel. I'll give that a try.

Murray

They're not for protecting the paint, except for what's under them. If you want something to cover the lower part of the plastics there, look at the 3M clear protective vinyl, or whatever it is. You can cut it to shape to fit your needs.

They're not for protecting the paint, except for what's under them. If you want something to cover the lower part of the plastics there, look at the 3M clear protective vinyl, or whatever it is. You can cut it to shape to fit your needs.
Good point. I have a couple of sheets of the thin 3M vinyl and most of a sheet of the thick one. Theresa has long legs and was rubbing the fairing on her '07 K1200GT. The film worked great.

Murray