Techmount Stem Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Reaction score
I'm looking at adding the Techmount Stem Mount to my bike. I looked on their site but they din't seem to sell direct to the public.....anybody got a good source? For those that have already bought this item did you go with the 3" stem stand (Part # 10998). I plan on using it to mount my GPS.

I bought mine (including 3" shaft) from Cyclegadgets

$59.95 USD and they ship to Canada USPS so cheap shipping and no brokerage.

I also ordered the 1.5" shaft from them - I think it was about another $12 or $13 USD.

stemstand.com Most use the 3" some the 1 1/2". I have tried both and prefer the adjustability of the 3". Alot depends on how big your tankbang is and how tall you are and if you want to see your idiot lights, not sure about 06 instument panel. The tourtech mount with the lock is about the best I have see over the last 4 years. Check the Sport touring site, they always have a pretty good source of supplies seeing it encompasses all the touring and sporttouring people.

I'll have one to sell by maybe next weekend, I'm waiting for the stealer to get me a stock stem cover. But it will NOT include the wiring you will need from your battery to your GPS...I need that.

Look for the stem mount and the garmin holder for the 2610 in the for sale section of this forum. If I get no response in a few days I'll put it on eBay.

RE: My Garmin 2610 broke where the Garmin mount plastic stem thingy connected into the Garmin unit due to repeated removal from stem mount to truck to stem mount to truck about 100+ times in one year.

I bought a gadgetguy.net holder from SBE and now the friggin Garmin won’t capture the satellites so I have an external antenna coming in the mail from eBay...any day now. I'm almost hoping the antenna won't work so I can upgrade to the 2730 with XM radio.

It is this:

https://www.techmounts.com/products/index.p...il&product_id=7

Plus this:

https://gpsinformation.net/sp26xx/cyclemoun...cyclemount.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys....Placed my order. Now where can I order the Tourtech GPS mounting bracket?

I drove around looking for them last week.....I found the building but didn't see any sign for their store....got PO and left.