TechSpec Snake Pads for Side Cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOOOMM AGAIN

Reaction score
I wanted to share my recent purchase with my fellow Feejers. I really like the look of snake skin pads by TechSpec so I sent them a template that I made to produce a pair of pads for my side cases. The pic below shows the result. If anyone is interested in a set, you can contact Melissa at TechSpec and order a pair. Be sure to tell her that you want the aggressive adhesive which is meant to stick and not be pealed off and re-stuck again. TechSpec's normal adhesive is meant for multiple uses and does not have the sticking power for the contour of the side case, like the aggressive adhesive does..

Let me be clear, I have no affiliation with TechSpec nor will I receive any monetary gains. I just wanted to share my new farkle idea.

photo1_zps3f1f057b.jpg

I am 6ft 3 inches, only 43 and I run regularly...but I still scrape the top of the cases.... I am just clumsy :) :)

Yeah Jim, looks very nice! I can't get myself to spend the kind of money that they want for pieces of rubber, tho. & my bike is beat to hell & back, anyway. Looking forward to seeing you & Iris... & these 2014's in person. Hey, planning to bring some fresh roasted & fresh ground coffee for certain ramble riders. Yee haw!

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT IDEA!! And you did a beautiful job at matching the contours and style of the bike. I have the TechSpec pads on my Tenere and love the look, feel and quality of them.

Could you take a couple more pictures of the profile of the bike standing back a bit? I want to get an overall for the look.

Thanks

GREAT IDEA!! And you did a beautiful job at matching the contours and style of the bike. I have the TechSpec pads on my Tenere and love the look, feel and quality of them.
Could you take a couple more pictures of the profile of the bike standing back a bit? I want to get an overall for the look.

Thanks
Per your request, here are a couple of pics,
DSC02790_zps53c2f9d1.jpg
DSC02800_zpsc55b0c79.jpg
DSC02799_zps5d57f06e.jpg
DSC02791_zps40310295.jpg