TechSpec Snake Pads for Side Cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you guys get a hold of them? I called today and got voicemail. I left a message and never got a call back. I'll try again on Monday. If they don't answer or call me back then, they can keep their stuff, as I'll never send them a dime. It shouldn't bug me so much, but I HATE getting voicemail when calling a business and then not getting a call back.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you guys get a hold of them? I called today and got voicemail. I left a message and never got a call back. I'll try again on Monday. If they don't answer or call me back then, they can keep their stuff, as I'll never send them a dime. It shouldn't bug me so much, but I HATE getting voicemail when calling a business and then not getting a call back.
They are very busy ever since these went viral. I called today and talked to Melissa, very nice and polite, I had a very pleasant encounter. I would give them a second chance, they are a quality outfit, really. I ordered my set and she said they should be sent in about a week.

My initial contact was by e-mail through their "contact us" link on the webpage. I received a very detailed personal reply from Melissa giving me all of the information I needed to order. She gave me the option of getting an e-mail link to pay by PayPal (which I won't use) or calling. I called and glad I did.

Dan

I purchased some tank grip pads & tank protector, received the items in 2 days. Have had good results by contacting via e-mail.

I called today and talked to Melissa, very nice and polite, I had a very pleasant encounter. I would give them a second chance, they are a quality outfit, really. I ordered my set and she said they should be sent in about a week.
I had a similar experience. YMMV, HRZ, but I'd give them some slack. We're not talking about Amazon.com here; I suspect they're a small-to medium sized business, and that Melissa IS their order department.

I contacted them via their website Sunday night, 4/27. Rec'd response Mon, 4/28. Ordered Tues, 4/29. Rec'd product today.

'Zilla, they're worth giving them another chance. PM incoming.

WooHoo! Mr. Grumpy Pants got a hold of Melissa this morning. Got my SnakeSkin pads ordered. I was really thinking of just using the spray-on truck bed liner, but I like this idea better...If I ever decide I want to take them off, it will be easy to do, unlike spray on liner.

Thanks.

Self knowledge is a wonderful thing...

Looks like there may be a race to see who posts up the next set of installed pix!

Guess what showed up today! The pads are still in an envelope, but I really like them. I'll install them in a day or so.

Installed mine Friday afternoon. Left them outside to warm up, had to bring 'em back in, dry ,em off and heat 'em up with a heat gun. Yay PNW!!

They really look great. Attended the PNW tech meet yesterday. Guys were taking photos of 'em. I suspect Tech Spec is going to be cranking out a few more sets this week.

I love 'em. Really look good with the snakeskin tank pads.

Installed mine Friday afternoon. Left them outside to warm up, had to bring 'em back in, dry ,em off and heat 'em up with a heat gun. Yay PNW!!They really look great. Attended the PNW tech meet yesterday. Guys were taking photos of 'em. I suspect Tech Spec is going to be cranking out a few more sets this week.

I love 'em. Really look good with the snakeskin tank pads.
+1

I like those snake pads. If my FJR wasn't already past benefiting from paint protection I'd invest in the bag protectors and the piece that goes on the back of the tank. I'm looking forward to seeing them on those pretty red FJRs somewhere this season.

I wasn't quite as ...okay, anal about installation temperature. They felt pretty pliable to me, and the instructions said for them to be between 70 and 90 degrees; with the recent ambient (garage) temps, that was eeezy. I dragged the bags out, (having just washed them last weekend), hit 'em with a quick coat of wax, eyeballed the positioning (following the install tips, I did put a piece of masking tape at the desired aft end), and Bob's yer Uncle-- on they went! Haven't had a chance to pull the bike into the sun for a pic, but plan to. I give 'em a Farkle A rating!

I wasn't quite as ...okay, anal about installation temperature. They felt pretty pliable to me, and the instructions said for them to be between 70 and 90 degrees; with the recent ambient (garage) temps, that was eeezy. I dragged the bags out, (having just washed them last weekend), hit 'em with a quick coat of wax, eyeballed the positioning (following the install tips, I did put a piece of masking tape at the desired aft end), and Bob's yer Uncle-- on they went! Haven't had a chance to pull the bike into the sun for a pic, but plan to. I give 'em a Farkle A rating!
My bike hasn't had a good wash and wax in a while. Today was the day. Before I got the bike out, I put the pads on the roof of a car. Then later moved them to the roof of my dark blue truck. By the time I was ready to install them, they were warm and pliable. So my three helpers and I got to washing the bike. My oldest daughter and I then put a coat of Turtle wax on the paint.

The pads weren't the only farkle that needed stuck on. I bought some CeeBaileys headlight covers some time last year and they have sat in a box. So, I put those on first. Easy...Sweet.

Then the pads. I figured out where I wanted them and then cleaned that area with Windex. I wasn't sure how well they'd stick to a waxed surface. They went on very easily. As always, I ended up putting them on a little further back than I originally wanted, but they look good, are even, and I think they'll provide good protection from the SO and my girls climbing up and down. Oh, and they look bitchen.

Thanks for helping make these available.

Hey Zooom. Can you let me know what kind of passenger bag that is? Looks nice. Can you lean back on that at all? thanks!..never mind..I see it now above..