TechSpec Snake Pads for Side Cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see a pic of the bag protector after it's been kicked a couple dozens times. Cause on my bike the right side bag is going to get kicked,

I need to stay away from the 'parts and accessories' board! Farkles = Spendy Spendy!

Good thing, I have strong will power to resist spending!

Now, where's that TechSpec number to Melissa. Need me some Tank Pads!
Tonight my wife randomly asks, "What is $63 at TechSpec?" I answered, "Ummmm, remember those pretty covers I stuck on the bike to protect the paint? They're nice huh."

Lol...dammed women!!

I need to stay away from the 'parts and accessories' board!

Farkles = Spendy Spendy!

Good thing, I have strong will power to resist spending!

Now, where's that TechSpec number to Melissa. Need me some Tank Pads!
Tonight my wife randomly asks, "What is $63 at TechSpec?" I answered, "Ummmm, remember those pretty covers I stuck on the bike to protect the paint? They're nice huh."

Lol...dammed women!!
My wife never sees the bills but she's awfully observant when something new shows up attached to the bike or car. I never thought she paid that much attention.

She probably feels the same way about me noticing all the shoes that keep showing up in the closet.

Thanks for the suggestion and posting. It was just what I was looking for. Being a newbie it appears as I get more aggressive in riding style. I was staring to scratch the side of the tank. I buffed it out and ordered the Snakeskin package,however the side boxes were not being produced until they get the glue down pat.

Thats a great idea and looks nice....

I would add another area on the bags to get some cut...... The lower edge under the goofy reflector....

In case of a stopped tip over - that spot is exactly where the bike lands. If there was a strip of that rubber - it would be protected and take the hit or provide a cushion..... I might have to take a look at the measurements and strips to that section for myself....

I know alot of people would prefer Canyon Cages - but this certainly is an inexpensive alternative

Something in this area, not sure how I would suggest the shape for looks wise, but I certainly know right where they would go.... hehheh

Guess how I know....

Yamaha-FJR-profile.jpg

Yeah, I am "so ordering" these things.............................tomorrow. BTW, very happy with the Tech Spec pads for the tank on my '06. Excellent product.

Hey ZOOOMM Again, Looks like you have a bad case of Farkleitis
smile.png
. Nice looking 14. You are ready for a road trip at a moments notice.

The snake skin pads on your bags look very nice and complement the bags nicely.

I just got a 14ES a couple of months ago and after seeing the snake skins on your bike I am going to invest in a set for the tank as well as the bags.

Thanks for the post and pics.

Z

^^^^^

ScooterZ, just be sure to tell them (Mellisa) at Tech Spec, that you want the aggressive adhesive on the side case pads.

Glad you like them.

Zooomm Again-

Thank you for the tip on the adhesive. Good to know as I've been looking at the Tech Spec case pads as an addition to my '14 ES.

On a side note, in the pics you posted back in April '14 I noticed your GPS is in some sort of a case/holder that has a decent size sun visor shield. Can you point me the right direction to source something similar? I'm having lots of glare issues in my set up.

Thanks.

That is a great idea. Innovation at its best! Thanks for the tip, the glare was defeating the whole idea of gps guidance.