Texas and South Spring Fling 2016?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTXFJR

Reaction score
Ok, I'm still one of the fng's here in this forum and I don't know squat about how rides would be set up, let alone how we like to see it done here in this forum. This mild weather we've been having lately has been great. Thinking maybe we could set up something scenic in Texas hill country, or Bandaras county, or maybe even NW Arkansas? Just throwing it out there to see if there's any interest in doing something before the heat gets here.

Take a look at this idea. We might be on the same page depending on what your concept was/is.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166628-heading-toward-texas-lets-ride-arkmo-first/?do=findComment&comment=1286201

I am in for this no matter what as I made some plans today with the people in Texas.

The plan I have is ride some great roads on the way down there. Find some great food. Stay where it is convenient. Seek out some of my other passion in my signature line.................Texas Hold'em. I know there are some poker rooms headed that way. A few I have played before in St. Louis, some I want to play in Oklahoma, and maybe some along the way in other states.

I am planning on refreshing the thread I started later this week and updating it as weather becomes more reliable. Send me a PM or post up any ideas here.

Take a look at this idea. We might be on the same page depending on what your concept was/is.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166628-heading-toward-texas-lets-ride-arkmo-first/?do=findComment&comment=1286201

I am in for this no matter what as I made some plans today with the people in Texas.

The plan I have is ride some great roads on the way down there. Find some great food. Stay where it is convenient. Seek out some of my other passion in my signature line.................Texas Hold'em. I know there are some poker rooms headed that way. A few I have played before in St. Louis, some I want to play in Oklahoma, and maybe some along the way in other states.

I am planning on refreshing the thread I started later this week and updating it as weather becomes more reliable. Send me a PM or post up any ideas here.
I was thinking some kind of group ride if the support was there for it. I'd go along with whatever time frame and duration fits with the majority. Your trip sounds like fun though Cav. I may have to see if I can hit some of those roads with you. Let me know what your schedule is when you get it settled.

Hill Country is a nice area for riding and you could do the three sisters albeit it would take a whole day to do. I am in San Antonio and could ride with you guys for a day, gotta go back to work!