Texas Flooding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
I was watching the news this morning and saw that Houston is SEVERELY flooded! :eek:

Be safe out there friends

Adam

I was watching the news this morning and saw that Houston is SEVERELY flooded! :eek:

Adam
Guess I'd better call my Brother and ask him if he's OK. Works in a basement, you know.... :p JK, he works in a high rise.

When I hear Texas Flooding, this is what immediately comes to mind:

B00000ICN5.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V57313255_.jpg

SRV on YOUTUBE

Adam
Guess I'd better call my Brother and ask him if he's OK. Works in a basement, you know.... :p JK, he works in a high rise.

SRV on YOUTUBE
Funny!

I almost put in the subtitle, The sky is crying! :lol:

I'm in Houston, and yes, we got a fair amount of rain the last few days. I had to wait about an hour after work yesterday for the water to go down in the street outside my office before I could get home. That was the only water I had to cross though... It's not all that bad where I am (SE Houston).

I just heard that Humble is an area that is getting hit the worst with the flooding...

VAGABOND!

Check in man...

My parents live in Kingwood, just north of Humble. Both are on the San Jac. river, which is the problem area. For those familiar with the San Jac. near Atascocita or I-59, it floods the homes down near the river on an annual basis (in fact, they put a federal stop on rebuilding in the area a while back if I'm not mistaken). No distress calls from my folks, although they're in a pretty elevated area...

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like the brown trout are out or someone dropped in a tootise roll :yahoo:

those flash floods you texans get are nothing to play with scary for me

weekend rider

sounds like the brown trout are out or someone dropped in a tootise roll :yahoo:
those flash floods you texans get are nothing to play with scary for me

weekend rider
Yeah, let's not forget tropical storm Allison...check out this pic of downtown Houston:

allisonflood.jpg

It was 'just' a tropical storm, but dumped some 33 inches of rain on the area in about 24 hrs, as I recall. My mom's house flooded; it was in the '100 yr. flood plain'. The media called it the 'storm of the century'. The storm we just had did the usual localized flooding; sadly 4 people bought it (drowned) when they drove into flooded areas (underpasses). I'll never understand that.

Saw where Bandera to Kerrville got ass-wooped by winds and serious rain yesterday too. Hill Country explorers should pack extra tire repair supplies if riding there soon. Lots of crap on the roads from the clean-up efforts.

SRV rules

Adam

SRV on YOUTUBE

SRV he da man! Thanks for the memories