The 1911’s do Reuben Run 7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff and an amazing ride.good job on getting the trailer sorted out.The 6203 bearing can be ordered in a 5/8 bore and most any bearing house has them. Standard size is 17mm
Yep NAPA found me some, the 2nd time.
smile.png
I carry spares now, and a big ass crescent.

This happen

IMG_20170630_170433635_zpspptydq8y.jpg

Ten minuets after this

DSCN9462_zpsnfbk2xla.jpg

Always a spare set of bearings and a tire in the bottom of my trailer now.

I found Shinko 80-80 and 80-90 moped tires work. 80-80 are for the first Gen Bushtech's and the 80-90 are for the Gen ll's
100K odo, 100mph speedo image with a handheld camera-talk about doing what it takes to get a shot-whew!

I stopped running the Bushtec at triple digit speeds on last years trip. It occurred to me that the speed rating on the trailer tires wasn't quite the same as with the tires on the bike. That, and having to stop every 120 miles for fuel meant I wasn't really making time. But it sure is fun to see how well the whole deal can do it
smile.png

I'll be looking into those Shinkos

Before folks drive thousands of miles to see the Rowena Curves please consider the road itself is only 15 miles long. It is a local novelty road at best, not a destination highway.
Destinations Highways in the Pacific Northwest include:

Washington State Hwy 129/ Oregon Hwy 3 between Asotin Washington and Enterprise Oregon.

Hwy 245, the Dooly Mountain Hwy.

Oregon Hwys 26/19/218 190 miles of bliss in NE Oregon.

Here is another great 190 mile route in NE Oregon. This gets you close to the Rowena Curves.

And this route continues the fun along the Rowena Curves to the east side of Mount St. Helens then toward Mt. Rainer. Summer only and it is rough in spots.

Want more, PM me and you can stay at my place in Spokane too.

Nuff for now. This are some of the best of the best and I didn't even touch much of Washington State.
Doggoneit Fman, we said we weren't going to do a big trip next year and now you are causing me to contemplate another trip to the PNW.

We've got good roads to ride around here. It's the variety of scenery in Oregon that's mindblowing to us easterners.

Do despair 1911. You hit all the high points less the North Cascades Hwy. What remains is all of great roads the locals ride all the time, the ones where traffic and crowds are less. Here is an example, from Tiger Washington to Orville Washington. What tourist would have found a 150 mile route of pure pleasure in the middle of nowhere?

A good time to be here is between the middle of June through the middle of July with a higher probability of sunnier weather in July. After that it gets a bit warm. Also in August forest fires are a problem creating lots of smoke. Some years are worse than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fontanaman posed: ... Before folks drive thousands of miles to see the Rowena Curves please consider the road itself is only 15 miles long. It is a local novelty road at best, not a destination highway.
Thanks, man.
lol.gif
I'm not driving all the way across the continent just to do Rowena. However, if/when I do make it up thataways, it would be nice to hit all the available 'local novelty roads'. Same thing's true about the Dragon or Cherohala, in my opinion, although LOTS of people make the pilgrimage.

Perhaps it would be better said this way: Rowena Curves, eh? <adds it to the PNW checklist.>