The Death of Andrew Knight

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep looking at the photo's with that huge smile of his and prefer to remember him that way. You just never know what emotions lie within a person. His suffering has ended and I hope his family will always treasure the time they had with him. May he Rest in Peace now.

Thank you for making this clear to all Warchild. Andrew is missed and mourned no matter how or why he chose to leave, and the space he has left in the lives of his family, friends and forum members will be felt for a long, long time. Anything other than absolute respect for his memory has no place on any forum. The response to the Trust Fund is a perfect illustration of how many lives he touched in such a good way. I will continue to honor Andrew's memory, send prayers for the comfort of his family, and strive to in some way emulate the easy way he made friends from complete strangers through his pics and posts, on rides and in life in general...

Thank you for making this clear to all Warchild. Andrew is missed and mourned no matter how or why he chose to leave, and the space he has left in the lives of his family, friends and forum members will be felt for a long, long time. Anything other than absolute respect for his memory has no place on any forum. The response to the Trust Fund is a perfect illustration of how many lives he touched in such a good way. I will continue to honor Andrew's memory, send prayers for the comfort of his family, and strive to in some way emulate the easy way he made friends from complete strangers through his pics and posts, on rides and in life in general...
As you all know I have a way at not being clear sometimes, This post says it all - Thanks Fasfar :bye2:

Terrible news. Warchild that had to be difficult to say the least. Just raises more questions but doesn't diminish any respect or our love for Andrew and his family. We knew Andrew and we are all still hurting....PM. <>< <_<

Contributions for the family...........................Prayers for Andrew.

Nothing has changed.

Thank you Dale for posting the information, and I appreciate the difficulty in doing so. I feel no differently about the contribution that I made. It is for his family and to honor his memory. The details have just made me sadder about the whole thing.

Dale,

Thank you for the post and saying what had to be said. None of us are worthy to judge. Our role is to grieve as we want to grieve, help as we want to help, and to support as we want to support.

I was just starting to come to terms with all of this, Then the sucker-punch again... :(

I want my friend back!

To the Knight Family:

Please stay strong through all of this, I am hurting even more now than ever before, And i can't imagine the grief that all of you are going through.

I will be in Sacramento monday, If some of you would like to meet up, Please send me a PM or call me. Most members here have my number from the FJR Assistance List.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
A difficult post Dale -- thanks for it.

Nothing changes in any way for us. It was an honor to have known Andrew and to respect the Man that he was. Circumstances will not alter the fact that he will be terribly missed.

Rog n Deb

Live's end in a variety of ways.

Cancer, diabetis, accidents, or emotional pain.

It doesn't really make any difference.

It makes no difference to me how Andrew died. The fact that he did is terribly sad for all who had most any form of contact with him. This year I have lost my father to cancer, an old friend I have known since I was 17 from cancer, a new friend who was some 10 years my younger and now a forum friend, Andrew. It has not been the best of years, least for me.

I still plan to remember and honor Andrew Monday riding my bike w/a small black ribbon tied to it. In the pm's we shared we talked about our interests of scuba the caribbean and Macallans.

we will remain respectful of them.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

My brother suprised everyone three years ago by leaving this way. He was a lot like Andrew in that everyone that knew him loved him and looked up to him. I'll never understand why he did this and nobody ever will.

I do not care what the circumstances were, accident or not, a truly fine person is gone and we all will miss him.

After talking to my wife about the accident she gave me the, "are you ready to sell the death machine" talk. To be honest, I wondered about it a little myself. Supposedly most fatal accidents are unexperienced riders, little/no gear, or alcohol/drug induced. I don't think Andrew fell into any of those categories from what I've read about him...

After reading this, my heart goes out to his family and friends even more because this can only intensify the pain/anger/bewilderment that they are feeling. At church on Wednesday, we found out that the father of a couple in our Sunday School class took his on life as well that afternoon. He was the jovial type who always had a story to tell and genuinely cared for everyone he met. I think these situations underscore why it so important to take time to care for other people, even those that seem to have it all together, and not just get bound up in your own life. If by doing so you could be the light that prevents one person from going down this path, it would be worth it right? I often find myself to busy too hang out with friends, even getting so busy at work that my family life suffers at times. Somehow you have to find a balance and take time out for people and relationships, because when it's all over, those memories will be the ones that matter.

I'm so spent this week.

At the end of an all-hands meeting this morning with a bunch of geeks who seriously don't know any better, I spoke about the onset of the Holiday season and those among us, I'm one, who have trouble around this time, for myriad reasons. I implored everyone to do what I've experienced Andrew doing for me, and ask those from whom they have not heard, how they are doing, and whether they'd like to munch on a turkey. Please, all of you, take a moment to think of those from whom you have not heard, and do what Andrew would do. I know this is what he would do, because he's damn well done it for me. Make a phone call you don't want to make. Send a letter, or a card. It matters well beyond your own investment. You probably have no idea.

That's what I'm going to do to honor Andrew's memory. Please honor Andrew in exactly the same way.

Peace, folks.

I didn't have the words six days ago to express what I felt.

I'm more at a loss now.

Warchild has warned everyone that we may be blotted out as if we never existed on this forum.

"remove any trace" will be swift justice for a single act

a single act

will not blot out

nor remove a trace

of OrangevaleFJR

I didn't have the words six days ago to express what I felt.I'm more at a loss now.

Warchild has warned everyone that we may be blotted out as if we never existed on this forum.

"remove any trace" will be swift justice for a single act

a single act

will not blot out

nor remove a trace

of OrangevaleFJR
+1

For all the people that were asked and trusted with that delicate information not to disclose antnof it..

All of you made the ridght call job well done

Donations are for the ones that have to carry-on after there loved ones are gone

Nothing has changed weekend rider

Status
Not open for further replies.