The earth does move

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my daughter was very excited when I told her that it wasn't just a big truck rolling by the house.

We get 'em - about 300 little ones a year and I've never been through one bigger than R4 here (obviously larger at the epicenter) - and the last one of that magnitude here was about 20 years ago IIRC.

But it just adds to the mystique of having a Poutine and feeling the earth (or would that be your bowels?) move as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just had an earthquake!No damage but the shaking lasted 20 secs.

Chris
I just saw that and wondered if y'all felt it..

We get little bitty ones around here, but I've never actually felt one.

Check Bustanuts where abouts at the time of the Quake.

Was he in the bathroom?

If he was you may have found the epicenter

Yep - we'd just gotten into the village with Yzerman19, Bungie and Christie when we felt it. The missus and I looked at each other and said, "That the hell was THAT?!?" Had no idea 'til we got back. Now I can take experiencing an earthquake off the bucket list. As a nOOb at earthquakes, to me it felt like a train was going be really close, but without the noise. Kind of an odd sensation.

Based on the title of your thread, I thought someone got lucky... :D
Close. Bust wasn't suffering from "altitude sickness" and actually went for a ride today.

"Altitude sickness." Yeah, right. And I've got some ocean-front property in Oklahoma to sell ya...

Oh puhleese. :rolleyes:

As if this hasn't happened at or en route to previous meets Bust has attended. He's not even allowed in California anymore -- too much natural tremor activity without his presence scaring the wild and domesticated animals. Only a few months ago, Ms. Bust tried to ship him to me. You'll recall that I had to return him to sender? Couldn't disclose it then, but it was a state security issue, and I had to act fast before the word got out. A disaster was averted as Bust was crated back to Owasso.

So you guys can't tell the difference between a real earthquake and a sheep stampede? Remember, sheep don't have the internet, and news travels a little more slowly for them. WE all know Bust is there in eastern Canada, but Canadian sheep didn't find out about it on our timetable. He was spotted (trying to tongue another NAFO attendee's ear and face), and the word passed through the flocks. What ya got was a simple stampede as rams and ewes alike stampeded away from the threat of serial molestation. Even odot avoids these gatherings nowadays.

Sorry, our bad. We got 40 FJR's together north of Ottawa and we all let them rip at the same time.... guess we damaged the earths crust.

Fellas fellas fellas! It had nothing to do with sheep an ya know it!

It was the collective cheer ya'll let out when you heard the president of the east side Candy Butt assn. was a Rally Virgin and yet was willing ride an aimless 300 Km after blistering my ass 1500 Km to get there :yahoo:

:jester: