The Future of NERDS - What's up for 2014?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try to see if I can get things to work out and I can get in a ride in with you guys ALDAWG. I'm not too far from where you are staying. Keep me posted.

Tom

No problem Ross! Have a great time at CFR, and remember to bring your tire and rim repair kit.
Unlike a few, I have no intention of doing the Trans-Labrador highway. Newfoundland roads are pretty good so I am not expecting to need rim repairs along the way.

Last year we had a small gathering at Shaftsbury State Park. It was a group site and very reasonable, quiet, and private. Best of all they have a great beach for swimming! Could be an ideal spot for NERDS, lots of room, campfire and a kumbaya nightly.The weekend of August 14-17 (since there was not going to be a nerds 14) we thought we'd have a change of scenery and moved our small gathering to D.A.R. State Park. It's as close to the Adirondaks as we could find in VT. Because N.Y. has too many restrictions at their campgrounds. We have sites 25 &23 already reserved.

Cool!! Sure sounds like NERDS 4 to me.

Yeah, slightly different format... Camping instead of Commodores. Addison, instead of Stowe. Campfire cookin' instead of endlessly repeating buffet lines. Actually it sounds like everything is different, but I love it! The ultimate in Yankee Frugal events.

Thanks for stepping up, Alex!

I'm not going to CFR this year, so pencil me in for a shared tent space.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year we had a small gathering at Shaftsbury State Park. It was a group site and very reasonable, quiet, and private. Best of all they have a great beach for swimming! Could be an ideal spot for NERDS, lots of room, campfire and a kumbaya nightly.The weekend of August 14-17 (since there was not going to be a nerds 14) we thought we'd have a change of scenery and moved our small gathering to D.A.R. State Park. It's as close to the Adirondaks as we could find in VT. Because N.Y. has too many restrictions at their campgrounds. We have sites 25 &23 already reserved.

Yeah, slightly different format... Camping instead of Commodores. Addison, instead of Stowe. Campfire cookin' instead of endlessly repeating buffet lines. Actually it sounds like everything is different, but I love it! The ultimate in Yankee Frugal events.

thumbsup.gif
SWEET! (Mikey da' Wino at last years ride-in)....

1376517385959_zps498bd4e1.jpg

BUT NOT SO SWEET!

sad.png
Posted dates are of CFR (for me and a bunch of other kawackies)

Camping? Shit, my idea of camping is bringing along my kitchen sink...

1376858210896_zps380ed3e3.jpg

But, I guess even the awesome Beemer can't pull 14,500 lbs of the kitchen sink around, so I guess... I would have to go to Walmart and purchase a real tent. Plus, I would definitely get "Shunned" by the Amish FJR groupies
wink.png
(thinking... I probably would like the abuse! lol.)

Change up the dates, and I'm in, and with a real nylon tent!

Last edited by a moderator:

thumbsup.gif
SWEET! (Mikey da' Wino at last years ride-in)....

1376517385959_zps498bd4e1.jpg

BUT NOT SO SWEET!

sad.png
Posted dates are of CFR (for me and a bunch of other kawackies)

Camping? Shit, my idea of camping is bringing along my kitchen sink...

1376858210896_zps380ed3e3.jpg

But, I guess even the awesome Beemer can't pull 14,500 lbs of the kitchen sink around, so I guess... I would have to go to Walmart and purchase a real tent. Plus, I would definitely get "Shunned" by the Amish FJR groupies
wink.png
(thinking... I probably would like the abuse! lol.)

Change up the dates, and I'm in, and with a real nylon tent!
Yeah! NERDS 4!? SSSSSShhhhhhhh Fred don't let everyone know that we have 10 times more fun in the woods than you do in any hotel.
punk.gif

We have enough room for a couple more
bike.gif
But after that we may need to get another site. We've got 23 & 25. Sorry, dates are set in asphalt
smile.png
This year I'll be
lazy.gif
in the camo hammock!

Bring toilet paper for that emergency run to the woods!

It sounds like fun, if I wasn't going to CFR I would partake in the tent camp-out ordealio.