The Hog Phenomenon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<< SNIP...Maybe he's had a bad experience with some Harley types, I know I did last summer on my way home from a BMW rally in eastern Washington. I was on my way home going around Portland, OR on the 205 in heavy traffic. I was in the flow on the inside lane moving at about 75 mph approaching about 6 HDs that were in the middle lane and moving slightly slower. As I came along side the group they began moving over with two in front of me and two behind. I thought this was good and that they just wanted to ride with me. That was not at all the case. They began to box me in with the guy behind actually coming along side of me to my left and in my lane. I saw what was happening and decided to take immediate evasive action. I hit the brakes and slipped into the center lane behind the guy that was on my right side then found a spot to go to the outside lane and accelerated to get ahead of this group then got back into the inside lane and put as much distance as I could between me and them before the I5 junction which was the last i saw of them. These guys were not the chopper types at all, they were riding dresser bikes for the most part and apparently just decided to have some fun with a guy on his Jap bike. This left a bad taste in my mouth and it's not the first time I've had an experience. Ever heard of the Gypsy Jokers? Now, this is not to say all folks that ride HDs are bad people but there are those and they give the brand a bad name but that's my opinion for what little it's worth or not.
Now I'm done.>>
I think you should have sold that piece of crap German junk, bought a HD, started hanging out with them, become a hand around, ya know? Then you could prospect ,and if you prove yourself worthy, you could be patched in!

Then you would become a highly respected biker, able to cruise the roads and show all the jap crap rice burning motor bikers how to really ride a real bike!
punk.gif

There was a fellow here who rode a Beemer. He was in the local club and wore ATGATT; seemed like a normal guy. One fine day he sold the Beemer and bought a HD. Gone was ATGATT, he no longer wished to ride with any of his Beemer buddies and became a Pirate in thought, word and deed. Not only did his riding attire change, but he began wearing wife beater shirts, a chained wallet and do-rag all the time. Remarkable actually. The urge to be accepted and belong is irresistible in some.

Last edited by a moderator:
My set is in my wife's purse. Does that count ? Can I still hang out ?
I know the feeling. I retired a year ago and then became the wife's house bitch. She puts mine in the file cabinet and dares me to even think about them BUT because she loves me she loans them back to me for bike nite.

Being on the baseball team in high school, we endlessly ripped on each other. Everybody gave each other shit, for any reason we could find, but we all knew it was in fun. We were teammates, and knew that in a tight situation, we could count on each other. They were glorious times. I'm sure tech days are in the same spirit.

People on this forum own (mostly, anyway) FJRs. We are motorcyclists, as a result. We are humans, too, most of us. We're all in this together. I try to be decent to people, and give them the benefit of the doubt, at least on first meetings. The OP may be a decent guy in person (highly doubtful, but then, I'm not very bright either), but everyone else here has done a great job in figuring out what this guy did, or tried to do. His motive is unclear. Maybe, in reality, he really is a silly goose, like we suspect.

I haven't personally met Bust, but I have seen him, from several feet away, in LaCrosse, maybe ten years ago. Gramps told me that he was aces, and if that's what Gramps said, I'm good with that.

Let's really get this rolling. I wonder what kind of oil the douchebag uses?

Another +1 to Mr Zappo since I'm out of likes. Members come, members go. This place has been around for a while, and will continue to do so until hacked and plundered by Russians or North Koreans. (Or maybe H-D riders.)

Jammess, I am sorry you don't appreciate the underlying camaraderie in Bustanut Joker's vulgarity. As a US Navy submarine veteran, I can tell you that vulgar comments from friends can be used to mask affection and respect. Those comments are not always putdowns, nor are they always compliments; one must discern their intent from context. It helps a lot to meet us in person at a meeting or Tech Day.

If a thread offends you, stop reading it.

If Bustanut Joker's comments offend you, put him on "Ignore". Hover over your name in the uppermost right hand corner of any screen, then click My Settings. Look for 'Ignore' Preferences in the left-side menu list.

In January 2019, for the first time ever, I used the "Ignore" feature on this Forum -- and FOR SURE I'm not ignoring the ever colorful Bustanut Joker. Hell, he and beemerdons are two of the reasons I'm here at all.

Yeah, I spent a few years (4-1/2 active) in the canoe club although my time was all on surface ships. All decommissioned now and scrapped. As far as bustanut goes He's OK, maybe a little well... goofy but then aren't we all.... kind of?

Headed for Mo's now for salmon, yummmm....

Yeah, I spent a few years (4-1/2 active) in the canoe club although my time was all on surface ships. All decommissioned now and scrapped. As far as bustanut goes He's OK, maybe a little well... goofy but then aren't we all.... kind of?
Headed for Mo's now for salmon, yummmm....
Don't listen to these guys Jammess. Bustanut is more than just a little goofy. He's F###ing nuts. You've been warned to keep your distance. I met him once and he's just not right in the head. Look for yourself!

Bust%20%26%20Dolly-M.jpg

Whoever did that photochop is really good at it. Can't even see a line where they attached my head to that perverts body.

There are some strange cats in La Cross.

Dun got stuck behind a "bro" in a pick 'em up truck on a windy road the other day. I know he was a bro cuz he had a hd sticker on his back window. Never understood that; if'n ya got such a cool sled, why are you driving yer pick like an asshole?

There was a fellow here who rode a Beemer. He was in the local club and wore ATGATT; seemed like a normal guy. One fine day he sold the Beemer and bought a HD. Gone was ATGATT, he no longer wished to ride with any of his Beemer buddies and became a Pirate in thought, word and deed. Not only did his riding attire change, but he began wearing wife beater shirts, a chained wallet and do-rag all the time. Remarkable actually. The urge to be accepted and belong is irresistible in some.
It's quite tragic actually to see a grown man dress, 'n act a fool...

jameslileks_1286483750_depp_1.jpg

Our Friend is using a different name on another forum and he hates me over there too.

I always find it a bit sketchy when someone uses a completely different "alias" on a similar forum. Almost like they have something to hide.

And he is threatening to come to an FJR event and beat me up. That would be just my luck, to get my ass whipped by a 70 year old douche bag.

PLEASE let us know if he arranges such a situation. Forum members are always here to lend a hand in times of need. I'm not suggesting violence. Just make him realize how dim he is, and he'll leave from embarrassment.

I have no desire to get into a school yard dust up with anyone. I really think the man is mentally off. I didn't want to "run him off" until he pissed me off and now I feel like he may not understand what is happening. I honestly tried to lead him in the right direction over there... I don't think he can learn. Soon enough he will alienate those folks and I will try to stay out of it from here.

Emphasis on "Try".

Our Friend is using a different name on another forum and he hates me over there too.
I always find it a bit sketchy when someone uses a completely different "alias" on a similar forum. Almost like they have something to hide.

And he is threatening to come to an FJR event and beat me up. That would be just my luck, to get my ass whipped by a 70 year old douche bag.
Don't dismiss 70 year old douche bags. Some of them have nothing to lose and don't mind prison time. DAMHIK:IJK