• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

"The Last" Soltek HID Light Thread!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode to dinner last night and on the way home tried the Soltek's out. They are awesome. Thanks Ian for all your work on getting these to us.

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

A couple of pics of my new Lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts on wiring from the lights into the fairing.

No pics but I was able to fish the Soltek connectors through the vent in the fairing outboard of the stock headlights.

There are three holes there and using the middle hole the connector fits perfectly.

With the position of the Skyway brackets this is as close to factory looking as the wiring can get. And no drilling.

The factory would not have run the wires around the fairing and into the dash.

They would have run them into the fairing through existing openings 1.5 inches from the mounting positions.

Has everyone received their brackets already? I got my lights, but don't have brackets yet. If there are still some folks waiting on their brackets, I will hold off contacting Skyway, as i know he is uber busy. If they are all supposed to be out, then I will follow up to make sure there was not a mistake in delivery.

Thanks,

Bill

Has everyone received their brackets already? I got my lights, but don't have brackets yet. If there are still some folks waiting on their brackets, I will hold off contacting Skyway, as i know he is uber busy. If they are all supposed to be out, then I will follow up to make sure there was not a mistake in delivery.
Thanks,

Bill
I can't speak for everyone but I have had mine for about a week. Dick Meyer

Thanks,

Bill
I received mine last week. Sent via USPS with tracking. If you are "registered" with Skyway's Webb site I would check the status there. You should be receiving tracking info soon as well as the brackets. If you haven't heard something within a week I would contact Skyway as you may have fallen through a crack.

LC

No pics but I was able to fish the Soltek connectors through the vent in the fairing outboard of the stock headlights.

There are three holes there and using the middle hole the connector fits perfectly.

With the position of the Skyway brackets this is as close to factory looking as the wiring can get. And no drilling.

Bayou Boy,

I installed TurboDave_98's brackets and Solteks last night - and we ran the wires through the air vent as you suggested. This makes for a very nice, clean install !!

I'll be changing my wire routing this winter when I re-wire the bike.

Thanks for the idea!! Good Stuff !!

And no, I didn't take any pictures. :blink:

Bayou Boy,

I installed TurboDave_98's brackets and Solteks last night - and we ran the wires through the air vent as you suggested. This makes for a very nice, clean install !!

I'll be changing my wire routing this winter when I re-wire the bike.

Thanks for the idea!! Good Stuff !!

And no, I didn't take any pictures. :blink:
My hats off to my riding buddies Hal and Ian. That magnificent duo of skill,cunning and engineering expertise has transformed my 06 AE "Flicker" into a ride that is awesomly farkled. Hal installed the Soltek lights last night and I sparingly used them on the freeway going home . Heard reports this morning that some nutty biker melted the paint on the lanes on CA 57 North bound last night around 2100 hrs. Wonder if it could have been me??

Thanks guys. :yahoo:

I finally got my brackets installed and lights on. While I had the plastics off I thought I should label a couple of those wires I put under there a while ago.

Installed one of those hidden switches. That's a nice touch. Not sure about the paint melting on the road but WOW. I do know I have to put the new stator in.

Thank you Ian for making this happen!