The Official SFO Rally 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Y'all... Thanks for the great time at SFO. Made it back to "WesTcOUnsin" just fine :lol: All be it a little tired. I ran up on some nasty thunderstorms. Just found a good shelter and waited them out.. A total of about 4 hours...Whew... I never did ride in much rain all the way home. And the ride north through Arkansas and southern Missouri is nothing short of Awsome. I will definatly be comming back.

Thanks again to all who attended and special thanks to Mark For putting it together. I learned a ton riding with you guys. Had a BLAST. Time to order those tires now...

Brian...

Made it home with no drama, only a few raindrops.

As much as I like Eureka Springs, I have to say the roads around R'ville are awesome. Friday was wet & cool and riding Rt 123 in the rain was a fun challenge. Saturday was darn near perfect and the roads south of 40 to Hot Springs and back offered some of the best riding I've enjoyed. Saying we had fun Saturday is an understatement!

004-1-5.jpg

Friday's ride. It was a lot wetter than it looks in this pic.

005-1-4.jpg

Saturday's ride. A bunch of hooligans.

Can someone make a SFO '11 pic for our sig lines?

Hey Y'all... Thanks for the great time at SFO. Made it back to "WesTcOUnsin" just fine :lol: All be it a little tired. I ran up on some nasty thunderstorms. Just found a good shelter and waited them out.. A total of about 4 hours...Whew... I never did ride in much rain all the way home. And the ride north through Arkansas and southern Missouri is nothing short of Awsome. I will definatly be comming back.

Thanks again to all who attended and special thanks to Mark For putting it together. I learned a ton riding with you guys. Had a BLAST. Time to order those tires now...

Brian...
Great to meet you Brian. Glad you made it back ok. You probably told me, but I didn't realize you were going to ride all the way back in one day. I think I told you I rode up to Madison after the 2009 SFO. That's a long haul and monkey butt had set in big time by the time I got there. On the way back I ran through a lot of rain. Hope you can make it back next year.

GP

Made it home with no drama, only a few raindrops.

As much as I like Eureka Springs, I have to say the roads around R'ville are awesome. Friday was wet & cool and riding Rt 123 in the rain was a fun challenge. Saturday was darn near perfect and the roads south of 40 to Hot Springs and back offered some of the best riding I've enjoyed. Saying we had fun Saturday is an understatement!

004-1-5.jpg

Friday's ride. It was a lot wetter than it looks in this pic.

005-1-4.jpg

Saturday's ride. A bunch of hooligans.

Can someone make a SFO '11 pic for our sig lines?
Sorry I left and forgot to say goodbye yesterday Fred. Hope we can get together again and do some rides. I sent 17 pictures to Michelle so she could put them on here for everyone to see. I still haven't gotten around to learning how to do that yet.

GP

Before we left out for Russellville on Thursday, I was wavering on making the trip up due to the terrible weather reports I was hearing. We decided to bite the bullet and come on up and couldn't have been happier. I had a great time hanging out with all the crew and the riding was great for the most part:

The Thursday ride up was in nice cool weather without any rain at all, but we woke up to wet roads and intermittent showers on Friday morning. Everyone put on their rain gear and decided to go out and run the great Arkansas roads anyway. The morning was not too bad with just some off and on showers that didn't bother the hearty SFO group much. Then the afternoon storms rolled in. They were thick sideways biblical rains with pea soup fog and high winds! When we got back to the hotel, people were pouring what looked like gallons of water out of their boots, and I don't think anyone’s rain gear kept them even a bit dry. This is SFO after all!

With the dire predictions about the end of the world over the weekend, the storms took on an extra ominous undertone. We were trying to decide what we should do. If this was going to be our last day of riding......ever, we needed to ensure that we had perfect weather. None of us had any ideas, and then who should happen to arrive in Russellville to lift our spirits? Why Miss Dolly, of course!

We plied her with drinks

IMGP0013.jpg

Dolly made some new friends

IMGP0019.jpg

And then we did something terrible

IMGP0016.jpg

We sacrificed that sweet little party sheep for better weather and more time on the ground (and let’s face it she knew too much and sheep lie).

IMGP0017.jpg

And how was the weather the next day? Perfect!

IMGP0010.jpg

And how was the riding the next day? Very nice!

IMGP0005.jpg

And the Apocalypse? Averted for now. Your welcome!

Oh we stuffed Dolly in a duffel bag and sent her on to CFO, where I am sure that some voodoo resurrection spell could be used to bring her back. Just don't blame us if the weather turns bad and people start disappearing.

Great Meet made it back to western Ky. Only had about an hours worth of rain around Memphis Tn. Left out this morning for Birmingham and am there, now skirted rain and had a great ride (rode down State Hw 13 out of Clarkesville Tn. most of the way). Again Mark great meet your efforts are appreciated and looking forward to next year.

Glad everyone made it back in good shape. I wish I had not wimped out early based on Sunday's forecast. Had a great time Friday and riding with Brian on Saturday. Looking forward to next year.

Funny post Bill!! Loved it! Of course it's not SFO if there isn't biblical rains at least once! :lol:

Glad everyone had a good time and the bar in the hotel kept y'all warm and entertained. Perhaps we shoulda promoted that more?? hehehe! Oh and glad the Rapture didn't happen, we all know FJR riders would be first to be taken right? :p

Yes I promised Gary I would post his pics so I'm workin on it now.

edit: oh and since I am the one woman digital SFO machine, I'll getcha all a sig logo too. hold please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary's pictures, my captions:

dsc01685n.jpg

How many men does it take to read a map? :blink:

dsc01687s.jpg

We've arrived here at the Tik for the night. How we gonna get the FJRs on the porch?

dsc01688e.jpg

I think they are still contemplating the porch. Obviously it's gonna rain.

dsc01690mx.jpg

There's Mark! He musta talked them into staying here. Good call Mark.

dsc01697jr.jpg

Here we go, getcher lean on! Wahoo! Least it's dry right? ;)

dsc01698ij.jpg

Yay, full blown sunshine!! And a bakery and deli, SFO heaven!

dsc01700sy.jpg

Drop yer pants and smoke em if ya got em! :lol: Just kidding new guy, please come back! ;)

dsc01701d.jpg

Guess who that is? :huh:

dsc01706w.jpg

OK, number 1 rule about SFO group pics: ONLY FJRs in the FRONT! :D With this few a bikes, you coulda done something really cool like spell out SFO or something.

dsc01708d.jpg

Hey Al! Hey David! Hey Dave! Help me out on the rest...

dsc01710f.jpg

I like the black ones!

dsc01712re.jpg

I think the drop yer pants guy is mad at me. Sorry!! Really!!

dsc01717ij.jpg

What a lady, crossing her hooves at the table. She's pretty cute considering she comes via mailman!

dsc01718c.jpg

Ok, can she hold her liquor or not? Seems a little early to be holding her up.

dsc01722yg.jpg

Yes Bill, of course she'll dance with you, your such a gentleman.

dsc01724qm.jpg

Poor Dolly's tummy, I'm thinkin she shoulda started with wine, then moved to liquor? Hope she made it!

dsc01727rs.jpg

:dribble: Bill!!!!!! Oh dear God Dolly!!!! I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you! :( Don't take the money, they'll just want more! :p

Ok, now Gary can add his real captions. Thanks for the year off folks, I missed ya! B)

Got the sig art done, feel free to help yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Dolly's tummy, I'm thinkin she shoulda started with wine, then moved to liquor? Hope she made it!

dsc01727rs.jpg

:dribble: Bill!!!!!! Oh dear God Dolly!!!! I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you! :( Don't take the money, they'll just want more! :p

Ok, now Gary can add his real captions. Thanks for the year off folks, I missed ya! B)

Got the sig art done, feel free to help yourself.

You Bastages!!!!! Got my gurl drunk and did the nasty!!

I hope you all can live with yourselves!! :(

The mental heath therapy is gettin' pricy

I was wonderin' where Dolly was right about now. Good to see she made it to SFO!

Sooze and I rode through Russellville last Wednesday. We saw several FJR's on the road and wondered if they were any SFO attendees.