The one that got away......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Some of you around here are aware of my proclivity for the 2004 FJR1300.  I still have one.  But at 204k and having been crashed a couple times along the way it's.....  well, showing it's age.  So I find myself on Craigslist or Cycletrader when I should be doing more productive activities.

This past Friday night I found "The One".  A one-owner 2004 FJR1300ABS in Oklahoma City.  Only 4,650 miles!!!  Can you believe that?  A 16 year old motorcycle, one owner, and only 4,650 miles!  I emailed him Saturday morning.  He replied a short time later telling me he just watched it depart with it's new owner.  I was devastated.  I knew that FJR would be mine!  I have been crying all week.

That's heart wrenching. 😭

But, I would suggest taking some solace in the fact that 4,650 wasn't ENOUGH miles for an '04. It could have been a ticker!

Imagine purchasing your grail barn-find and then over the next 15,000 miles (aka: 6 weeks to you)--an increasing series of forum searches on CCT dot meanings,  scrolling NEPRT for phantom oil consumption threads, checking your cell phone for numbers to Cypress, dreading dropping the header, and uploading audio recordings of the head asking our opinions on what it sounds like....only to find me ruefully saying it sounded like "Edward Scissorhands masturbating with a rusty hand".

Just sayin'. ;)

....plus isn't it that time of year that we start speculating about the 2020?  It's gotta be Cerulean Silver, 7 speed, no limit on the cruise control, and lightened back up to 537 pounds dry.

My 05 ABS is still wearing those amazing Staintunes you sold me those many years ago, and still runs like a top w/53 k miles. Amazing how reliable these rascals are. By the way, how come I'm unable to send you a PM?

Gary House

Skooter, couple of very low mileage 2004 on Cycletrader right now.  Asking too much ($5000) but maybe will dicker.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2004-Yamaha-FJR-1300-5004196068

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2004-Yamaha-FJR-1300-ABS-5009353933

Have fun!
Yes, have seen both of those.  The Kali FJR is non-abs (I prefer ABS) and until recently they were asking $6k.  Waaaay too much.  $5k is better, but still a bit pricey for me.  It's been for sale for months.  The second in Indiana is nice.  I called them several weeks ago.  Didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from them.  They didn't want to take the time to answer my questions.  Not a bad price, but I would prefer a bit cheaper and they didn't want to dicker.  Initially they listed the bike at $4200 but then put on a front tire and 'did the brakes'.  Whatever.  Both bikes from dealers.  I would prefer private party.  More likely to get better info on the history of the bike, and in Arizona I don't pay sales tax when a vehicle is purchased from a private party.  There are two more I am looking at with higher miles and cheaper prices, but they aren't "The One".

By the way, how come I'm unable to send you a PM?

Gary House

Because my messenger box is 237% over full and I am too lazy to clean it out.......

I saw this earlier.  Looks really dirty - how well taken care of?  And for a non-ABS he is priced more than I would want to pay.  Still, I plan on trying to contact the seller.  

I had been trying really hard on that other 04 non-abs that SouthernCruizer posted above, but seller is a flake.  Price and miles are great, but just can't get an accurate description as to the condition of the bike.  At least this San Diego one is close enough to go check out should I want to.