The Traffic Camera...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
A man was driving when he saw the flash of a traffic camera. He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding. Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed. Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic camera again flashed. He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace. Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt. You just can't fix stupid!

Good one. But it made me think about the recent posts regarding the speed cameras in Arizona. Today's local paper had good news: the state legislature just nixed our Governator's proposal to use speed cams here in Cali. Thank God. OTOH, riding along in the HOV lanes and seeing half the cars with one occupant (or on a cell phone), I wouldn't mind seeing them use cameras to enforce those laws.

A man was driving when he saw the flash of a traffic camera. He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding. Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed. Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic camera again flashed. He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace. Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt. You just can't fix stupid!
So Dave, are they going to let you go to Seattle traffic school, so those five violations don't show up on your permanent Washington State record? jes' sayin' ChuyM

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, ya know we don't have to use seatbelts on the bike so it was not me.
Niehart, for what it's worth and I don't know if same company is setting up the speed cameras in Washington as in Arizona: Local wisdom is to stay at extreme edge of the lane you're in. Either left or right, but not dead center; so the camera can't get your license plate number on a bike, because they're focused on the center of each lane. Coming into Chandler from the Colorado River crossing from Kalifornia, I have to run the gauntlet of 9 speed cameras on Interstate 10. I'm usually at 85 mph in the high speed lane and whenever I see the cameras I'm riding the Bott's Dots on the far left edge of the lane. So far, so good! No tickets as of right now!

Just do like I do and drive backward at 60 mph.
Braenen, this will crack you up! When we first got the Arizona speed cameras, guys and gals were making face masks out of photographs of our then Governor Janet Napolitano and were wearing them as they hauled ass through the photo zones. I think I will make a SkooterG mask and drive through some at 100 miles per hour+!

Good one. But it made me think about the recent posts regarding the speed cameras in Arizona. Today's local paper had good news: the state legislature just nixed our Governator's proposal to use speed cams here in Cali. Thank God. OTOH, riding along in the HOV lanes and seeing half the cars with one occupant (or on a cell phone), I wouldn't mind seeing them use cameras to enforce those laws.
Hey Mike,

If all the boneheads are driving in the HOV, wouldn't that mean the regular lanes are more clear for a lane splitting Californian?

I wish they'd post a big sign that said "Really cool people in a big rush" at the HOV entrance. Then once they are captive I can roll along my merry way. Well, actually they kinda do that here. That's why all the dickheads are camped out in the far left lane and I'm zooming by in the rightmost one.

Just do like I do and drive backward at 60 mph.
True story:

30+ years ago when things were easier going, I was in the Coast Guard hangar at Los Angeles International Airport and it was the middle of the night. Everything was dead slow and we were sitting around bs'ing with the hangar speaker set to the LAX tower. One of the helos was shooting radar guidance touch & goes and so begins the real story...

The pilot was shit hot and the tower controller was being a jerk, who was WAY too wound up on giving updates. Rather than the occasional update, this guy was non-stop and throwing in occasional personal observations. After shooting several approaches already, the radio went something like this:

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, 2 degrees left."

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, 1 degrees right, that was too much."

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, slow your descent."

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, 2 degrees left."

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, increase your descent and listen up."

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, yada yada."

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, why are you slowing?"

Tower: "Coast Guard XYZ, please stop backing up the glideslope."

:D

I was just reading an article recently about a woman that got a ticket for over a hunderd dollars for driving solo in the HOV lane, on the L.I.E. Get this, she had a dummy in the passenger seat, the funny part is she had been doing it for years but the day she got caught, she forgot to take the sunglasses off the dummy, it was raining that day.

I can't stop laughing! May I know his driving school name.. LMAO :ROFLMAO: