The Trip Home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
A group of FJRs are the only bikes on the 8:30 ferry out of Departure Bay. Looks like a wet trip home. :-(

Everyone ride safe and post up on your return home.

Yup, the rain was a pain in the butt going down to Seattle to visit my son-in-law and his pregnant-with twins wife. I had to run the rental van with the windshield wipers going all the way. Even had to turn on the heater. I hate roughing it.

Yup, the rain was a pain in the butt going down to Seattle to visit my son-in-law and his pregnant-with twins wife. I had to run the rental van with the windshield wipers going all the way. Even had to turn on the heater. I hate roughing it.
<Flying-fickle-finger-of-fate-smiley>

Hugs n' Kisses

Spent the morning visiting with relatives in Nanaimo and made the 12:50 ferry to Horseshoe Bay with some other WCR folks. Two of us turned north and headed towards Whistler in the rain. At Whistler the other folks turned in but the skies looked brighter to the north and I kept going. Stopped in for gas and a short break at Pemberton. The rains had stopped and I unpacked the camera at the bottom of the Duffy Lake Road...

1005604831_BhrkL-L.jpg

1005605111_cerVE-L.jpg

Just past the summit I pulled into a little park for a photo op...

1005605403_3qLCo-L.jpg

1005605772_wChq4-L.jpg

Twenty kilometers west of Lillooet I spotted a bridge crossing the creek that looked interesting...

1005606151_rbDTE-L.jpg

1005606494_7n4vC-L.jpg

We're stopped in Lillooet for the night and tomorrow we'll be slabbing it over Rogers Pass and back onto the flatlands.

Rolled the FJR into the garage just before 10:00 p.m. The rain stopped at the Canadian border. Dry pavement the rest of the way, sunshine most of the time.

Rolled the FJR into the garage just before 10:00 p.m. The rain stopped at the Canadian border. Dry pavement the rest of the way, sunshine most of the time.
I'm glad you made it home safe Lewis. I was worried about you and your back. ow's it doing?

Yammafitter -- didn't get to talk to you long, but nice to meet you and look forwards to the next time. Great pictures!

FJRguy and Knucklehead -- thanks again and look forward to meeting again. great time was had -- now down to Oregon and see a museaum or two and head on home tomorrow.

Sunshine in Lillooet BC when I left and took Hwy 99 over to Cache Creek. Unfortunately, I got a little to spirited around a lefthand downhill around a blind corner and picked up a $150 PA. Beleive it or not this is the first PA I have had on a bike in over the 40 years I've been riding. I guess I hasn't trying hard enough before. I once got charged for not having turn signals on a bike that did not come equipped with turn signals. If he would have charged me with DWI he had ne dead to rights since I was coming home from a co-worker's stag. I took it to court and beat it. I guess it was time for the darkside to win a battle but I am way ahead on points.

I turned onto the Trans-Canada at Cache Creek and stopped for a photo op just after Salmon Arm...

1007054572_wNCUc-L.jpg

The first major pass to get over was Rogers Pass between Revelstoke and Golden. There was a neat rest stop just before you head into the pass...

1007055650_T5hkw-L.jpg

The next two photos were taken near the top of pass...

1007059154_gtJLP-L.jpg

1007057631_yE3BC-L.jpg

The construction around Golden added some time to the trip and the weather changed for the worse when I started dropping out of Kicking Horse Pass and headed towards Banff. The temperature dropped to 5C and rain and it stayed wet and cold all the way into Calgary. My knees were really getting sore so I'm stopped on the east side of the city in the hopes that I won't have any rush hour traffic issues in the morning. I was only about 30 km short of my original plan so we should be OK. The weather is supposed to be improving. We'll see.

Later

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you made it home safe Lewis. I was worried about you and your back. ow's it doing?
It hurts least while setting - including on the bike - (made it less tempting than usual to stop :D ) although it tired me more than usual.

Saw the chiropractor today. After x-raying, poking, and prodding he says he can make it feel better - but, it'll hurt during the process. It's not as simple as a pinched nerve, looks like... :blink: :rolleyes:

Roy and I are back in SoCal after our first ss1k and a border to border......

Do we need to do this again ummmmmmm fuck no.

I will be home tomorrow and will try and do a trip report, leaving out all the really juicy parts of course.

R

i got back yesterday after my border to border and 1500 bun burner.my report soon.someone send canada some fkn sunshine.wtf.

Twenty kilometers west of Lillooet I spotted a bridge crossing the creek that looked interesting...
1005606151_rbDTE-L.jpg
Interesting?!?!?!

I have an entirely different adjective tht isn't printable. About an hour past Whistler, pouting rain, 20 kph for a 90 degree left turn, what-the-heck.....a wooden bridge! exskibum made it across and braked hard at the corner, I lost the front and slid into a ditch, Nightshine barely kept his bike up and missed me.

No permanent damage but to my bruised ego. Everything works an we kept traveling down the road to Kamloops, then to Sumwapta Falls through Banff an we're now in Waterton Lakes with wifi that works.

Did I tell you how much I hate BC's wooden bridges, especially with no warning signs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhmmm... No Mike I don't believe you ever told me how much you hate Wooden Bridges........ :rolleyes:

Glad you Ok, hopefully the bike wasn't damaged.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to join you guy's, sounds like a Great time. (cept for the Wooden Bridges)

Latest posts