The Trip Home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff i sent you a message on FB, i have your missing plastic piece here and i need to know where to send it.

R

Nightshine and I left Caldwell, ID this morning @ 0815 Mountain Time, I rolled into my garage @ 7:45 PM Pacific Time (after stopping by my workplace).

According to Garmin the total trip was 3906 miles/6287 kms riding with friends, making new ones and seeing some wonderful scenery.

Hopefully Sam has also made it safely home in Petaluma and will post here.

Jeff i sent you a message on FB, i have your missing plastic piece here and i need to know where to send it.
R
It's so sad when a man misses his plastic piece... :(
It may be part of his "doohickey" and perhaps the reason it doesn't work. :eek:

BUT...how'd Fairlaner get it? And why? :dntknw:

I mean...er...just askin'.....

Last edited by a moderator:
R

what happens in the hot tub stays in the hot tub........

R

R

what happens in the hot tub stays in the hot tub........

R
OK - NOW you're just teasin' us :unsure:

After 12500 km we are back at home base. Friday morning there was a little delay at the Mackinac Bridge while 800 tractors went across as part of the vintage tractor festival in St Ignace...

1014060094_y6nKe-L.jpg

The 1924 John Deere was a bit of a trailer queen but I doubt the Bridge Authority had any humour about running the spokers over their roadbed...

1014060336_4o7Hk-L.jpg

Once over the bridge it was a short run down to Owosso for a pit stop at Bust-A-Nut's. Since there was a Tech Day scheduled for the next day I took the opporunity to lay over and do a little maintenace on my bike.

This guy was banned from the event by the Facebook Administrator but showed up anyways...

1014063632_BqPN8-L.jpg

Ray got right to work on Andy's bike (it needed the most work). I believe the rest of us were already into the beer...

1014063402_4oczd-L.jpg

I beleive Ray is explaining to Andy the shop rates...

1014063046_jwme4-L.jpg

BikerGeek got a new Cam Chain Tensioner, A new (to him) Wilber shock, the throttle body sync and some wiring farkles done by the team while he developed a case of "altitude sickness". He did pick up a wrench once but it was far too painful for us to watch and we made him step back and go sit in the corner.

In the meantime Bust-A-Nut was grabbing everyone's bags to see how they were hanging(bike sidebags, get your mind out of the gutter). UselessPickles did some farkle wiring cleanup on his bike and also did the TBS. I did an oil change and a TBS since Ray was kind enough to bring along his CarbTune tool.

Here is a pic of a gaggle of FJR's...

1014063973_BsAbB-L.jpg

Later in the evening my Nikon got drunk and blurry and started playing pin the tail on the donkey's ass...

1014064249_9tnGS-L.jpg

By this time we had to place BikerGeek at a lower altitude to help his recover from "altitude sickness" and stuffed him in the basement. Sharon, being the saint that she is, made sure everyone got lots to eat and made sure there was lots of coffee in the morning before we all went our separate ways.

All I had to do when I got home was to figure out how I ever got my FJR into the disaster that is my garage...

1014064548_4XJEm-L.jpg

I had a ton a fun for the entire trip (except for the PA in BC) and have just enough time to clean up the bike and repack before heading back out to Knoxville for NAFO.

Last edited by a moderator: