The WHY NOT 2023 is a reality!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be in Baker in Aug as part of a 6000 mi ride I'm taking. Won't be able to make it back up in Sept. Sounds like fun though. After Aug I think I will start looking at planning something for So Cal.

I am in socal too. Hit me up if you want to do a ride. I am in San Bernardino area. Would enjoy a fall or winter ride, assuming weather cooperates.
I'm in, maybe something around or through Oak Glen in Sept/Oct (apple harvest time). Maybe through Big Bear to the backside of Palm Desert?? Angeles Crest to whichever way we want. Start looking at possible routes and we can start planning a 3-4 hour ride to start. Stop for brunch somewhere. Anyone else interested from SoCal?

HUMP DAY BUMP!
Update on some items.
1. Event attendees list has been updated with two new names and Junior bailed to get a new hip! We are now 25 strong!

2. Many have asked where to pay for dinner - The registration website will be up and running round about July 1st. Here you will officially register for the event, provide a little emergency contact info and pay for dinner. A huge thank you to Wayne of Attack the Road for hosting this site!

3. There are only 14 rooms (all doubles) left for our event!

4. Shirts - Ran into a little issue with the shirt I designed, it turns out you cannot do "halftones" on performance wicking or 100% poly and after looking at the design I spent so much time on in solid black I chose to run a cotton poly blend. These are available in T-shirt, Womens V-Neck and Long sleeve. I am going to start a registration and shirt thread to stand alone to aid in clarity. Here is an image of the shirt with half tones and solid black and you can see why I chose the halftones!Document3.jpg

Hey Phat!
Now I discovered my 50th high school reunion is Sat Sept 9 here, and I just gotta go (if only to see how many of us are still upright!).
Was really looking forward to WhyNot, meeting people and the rides in that area. Sorry I'll miss it. Cancelled hotel today, so a double queen opened up if another party needs it. See ya next time
Dan

Hey Phat!
Now I discovered my 50th high school reunion is Sat Sept 9 here, and I just gotta go (if only to see how many of us are still upright!).
Was really looking forward to WhyNot, meeting people and the rides in that area. Sorry I'll miss it. Cancelled hotel today, so a double queen opened up if another party needs it. See ya next time
Dan
Sorry to hear you wont make it Dan! I hope your reunion is all that and more.

Just Booked a room at the Hotel! Will be planning to come with my riding buddy, Jeff Bertrand. We are good friends with AdamK, but he might not be willing to admit that! I'll be on my 2016FJR, Jeff will be on his Super Tenere.
Great news! The more the merrier!