These fellows know how to sell bikes.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find, Michael.

Some of us no longer have to "ask" to buy one.

Having a companion to share might be nice but.....

....well.....been explained ad nauseum.

I dig the song starting at around 3:37...apparently it was made for this video and not available as a standalone piece (not that I've found anyway)

Great ad! The roads were scenic, in great condition and uncrowded. Perfect setting to create that "Honey, lets buy a motorcycle so that scene can be us" attitude.

Going up that boat plank made me pucker a little, but the rest was gorgeous. It really shows the essence of living life through motorcycling.

the goose by the lady was cute. If they were acting as lovers they are very good actors!

Agreed, nice video Michael. What's really nice, we can do the same thing on our FJR's without the added pocket book nausea one might experience down at the BMW dealer. :unsure: PM. <><

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I pretended it was a red Feej....

Having a companion to share might be nice but.....

....well.....been explained ad nauseum.
"Companions" are out there, Mikey. And, hopefully, we're all learning from our respective experiences.

It is very expensive to rent bikes or cars in Norway. The taxes are very high, as is the insurance. I never rent in Norway anymore, but at one time there was a shop in Oslo that rented a few models from BMW, H-D, and Honda. It looks like maybe he is no longer in operation.

If I were going today, I would probably rent in Germany, and head north on two wheels.

The video looked to me like at least part of their route was on Ryfylkeveien, and then on to Bergen, and points north. This part of Norway is especially scenic, but roads can be narrow. I remember trading paint one time when my car's mirror hit the opposing car's mirror at speed. Could've been worse.

In settled areas, as you are watching them, they are also watching you.... cameras everywhere.... only too happy to snap your photo and send you a bill. Speed limits are silly low.

Sweden is more laid back.

Radar detectors are illegal in both countries.

The ferries are very common as you cut across fjord after fjord on the west coast. The first few ferries seem like a pleasant diversion, but eventually ferries get to be pretty routine.

Hotel rooms are expensive, and they are generally very small, with minimal amenities. Every hotel bathroom that you encounter will have its own unique lessons. Shower controls are not standardized, and it can be an adventure as you figure out how the one at hand should be worked.

Food is also expensive. Norway is a country where there is dignity, and also a livable wage, in every line of work. There is also significant government approval of just about everything. The end result is that Americans are going to pay far more than they're used to, whether they're buying a chicken to cook on an open fire, or a meal at a local "diner quality" restaurant. If you go to a legitimate haut cuisine restaurant, be prepared for prices to match Manhattan's high end.

And ... if you want a frosty cold beer at the end of the ride, pilsner is the usual fare, you will get exact measurement, and you may be asking "What's in Your Wallet?"

Ja vi elsker dette landet,..... (from the Norwegian national anthem - yes we love this country) Can't get the tune out of my head... a Norwegian kid was on the podium for the Red Bull Rookies race at the 2008 Indy Moto GP, and I wasn't paying attention... all of a sudden, there it was ... haunting melody...

Last edited by a moderator: