They are trying to keep me from getting to WFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamahammer

Reaction score
Here is a clasic from the moto dealer play book!! :angry2:

I waited till this year to do the recalls on my 06. I figured there should be plenty of parts by now. So around the last week of June I call for an appointment. They won't order parts untill I bring the bike in, even though I offer to cover the cost on my credit card. Soo I bring it in Sat. July 3rd I also request they do a 16k service. Several times along the way I am promised the bike will be ready by Sat Jul 17th "No Problem". After a week I call. "Just waiting on parts". "They will be in on Wed. the 14th". I call on the 14th, the parts are in. "She should be done tomorrow. We will give you a call". Thur., Fri., NO CALL. I call Sat. AM, "Just waiting on the air filter". I reminded them that I needed my bike back. TODAY! They agreed to close it back up so I can pick it back up. I would take it without the new air filter. I got my bike that afternoon. Sunday I took the Hammer on a test ride. At about 100 miles into an 150 mile trip, the engine started to quit on me at 70 mph. The gas tank went from 1/4 to empty in about 20 sec., as I tried to pull over. As I got slowed down, I could see and feel gas spraying on my left leg! I found that gas would be pumped out when ever the ignition was turned on. I ended up waiting 2.5 hrs for a tow, as I didn't think I could pull the gas tank with the bike's tool kit, ( you might actualy be able to, but it would be very hard). Besides, I didn't care to attempt the job on the side of this busy 2 lane road, in a puddel of gas. Any way, I pulled the tank yesterday and there it was, as I suspected (and hoped), the quick connect, (not fully connected?) had come off. I put the old girl back together just in time to get her into an other shop to install a new set of BT- 023 GTs. But that's a whole nother story- for another time!

They haven't stopped me yet!

See ya in Eureka!! :yahoo:

So where did this all happen? Kind of like to know what dealership jerked you around like this. Amazing they wouldn't order parts IF YOU PREPAID FOR THEM! Hey, modify your profile so we know where you are ("my location"), will ya? See you in Eureka.