Thinking of painting the XS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What color would you choose?

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

• Green

• Red

• Other

• Total voters

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
My first poll, hope I did it right :p

What color would you choose? The general color, not nessissarily the exact shade.

Black.jpg

blue.jpg

Green.jpg

red.jpg

I'm kinda leaning twards the green myself. Maybe a nice forest green or something. Just thought I'd toss this out there and see what other people think.

Silent, your poll sucks. It let me vote all colors, like a rainbow. Yeah, paint your bike in Rainbow colors, :p

Since you like green, paint her green. How 'bouts Emerald green? Or Irish eyes green? I once dated an Irish lassie who had the prettiest green eyes, just sayin' if you paint the bike that color I might just have to hump it.. :rofl:

Silent, your poll sucks. It let me vote all colors, like a rainbow. Yeah, paint your bike in Rainbow colors, :p
Actually I did that on purpose just for you Don, I knew some smartass would want the bike to run rainbow colors :p

And dang it, I can't figgure out the gradient in Adobe to make a raimbow bike
50_50_smileyface.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a comment but not about the colour..... Why special side covers? You have a standard bike.

Why is the kick starter leg on? You aren't going to tell me you could kick it over to start it!

Must say it is in nice shape... :fans:

I have a comment but not about the colour..... Why special side covers? You have a standard bike. Why is the kick starter leg on? You aren't going to tell me you could kick it over to start it!
I would kick mine all the time in the winter- battery wouldn't crank fast enough when the temp got below ~20f- but 1 kick & it was started. Like his, I put a kick lever off a XS750/850 on it so it'd fold up when I didn't need it. Wouldn't fit right when I put that motor in a 80LG frame, had to use the removable one.

I have a comment but not about the colour..... Why special side covers? You have a standard bike. Why is the kick starter leg on? You aren't going to tell me you could kick it over to start it!

Must say it is in nice shape... :fans:
The special side covers are there because it is a Special. It has a standard tank (78) on it, and a custom seat pan (80) with a cowl (78) grafted to it B) I have the kick starter there because... Well I can :p , and yes, I do actually kick start her a lot. Usually fires up on the very first kick when cold too. The kickstarter is off a XS850 and the stock emergency kicker is still on the bike as well. Check the link in my sig for full info on the bike.

Ray, any color you choose is going to be just fine.

I am a bit partial to the red (though I liked black). Cadillac Firemist Red?

[SIZE=8pt]British Racing Green is also lovely. Think the original Cobras, TR-4s, Jim Clark's F-1 cars, Triumph Trophys.[/SIZE]